Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Number plate silliness

Ghost

Estoril
Catching up on some reading this evening including 911 & PW I cast my eyes over the registrations section of the classifieds. What do we have here?

P14 RGA. Vendor says it reads P Targa. Er, no it doesn't unless you space it totally illegally and put black bolts in a very odd place. £2500 :shock:

TA 03 RGA. Vendor says it will make your Targa stand ahead of the others with this must have registration £1000 :roll:

TOE 8Y Apparently ideal if your name is Toeby. If your parents didn't know how to spell Toby that is. :lol: Was £5k, vendor will now accept £3.5K

C14 ORS Will give your Cayenne or C4S an ageless look. Eh? :? £1250

MR 54 V VA Apparently ideal if your name is Mr Savva. Anyone ever met anyone called Mr Savva? Also available is S44 VAA. Which the vendor also thinks reads Savva :roll:

Oh dear! :cry:

Just happened to be reading 911 & PW - like you they also make me chuckle.
Noticed S44VAA in the edition I was reading - September 2005 :?

I'm with you on this!............They want silly money for some 'desperate' plates!.... :shock:

vlad said:
Just happened to be reading 911 & PW - like you they also make me chuckle.
Noticed S44VAA in the edition I was reading - September 2005 :?

Vlad, its been in every edition since... surely it'd be cheaper looking in the phone book and ringing mr Savva see if he wants a number plate? :lol:

Tim, you could do that and ask for a finders fee.... :wink:

done that Nic, also called mr P14RGA and Mrs C14ORS but neither of them were interested :wink:

I always look forward to the number plate ads, last refuge of the perpetual optimists.

Mr Savva's been for sale for quite a while now.

There was someone offering K911 TUT, who reckoned this was good because it read KING TUT... erm, no it doesn't, not even vaguely, and why would a dead Pharoah want to buy a private plate anyway?

Lets just hope he comes on here to try and sell them - oh the fun!

I think the advertisers just think that Porsche = loads of money...

I had a discussion with the officer of the law last night :oops: he even said I don't suppose the £60 will bother you :shock: I told it indeed would.....(that's a tank of V-ron :wink: )
Got let off with a warning and a polite handshake. : :) which I graciously accepted.

garyw

Yes funny thing is that people think everyone that has a Porsche is on mega bucks?. It took a lot of effort on my family's part to help me get my dream car.My car came with the plate E911 *** from new in 87 a of luck there.

SEE YA

unfortunatley everybody sees porsche and thinks money.

quotes to get some minor paintowrk corrected were highly inflated when you mention porsche, reminded me of the way things also seem to double or treble in price when you mention the word wedding...! :(

i always browse through the Sunday Times plate sales to amuse myself, 80 SS (or BOSS) was up at 250k, you gotta laugh. :roll:

Yes got that right, but to me every mile is a smile you cannot put a price on that. As it took me four years to find the right one .

SEE YA

I followed an S class into a service station on the M1 a few weeks back which had the plate PEN15
It was a bloke driving it as well. Even if it was his wife's what on earth was he thinking driving it :shock:

Anatomick said:
I followed an S class into a service station on the M1 a few weeks back which had the plate PEN15
It was a bloke driving it as well. Even if it was his wife's what on earth was he thinking driving it :shock:

now that is class...... can never say the guy's got an ego problem.. 8)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back