Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

wax

Tim Richardson

Hockenheim
Hi,

Can anybody recommend a good quality wax for regular use (my 993 lives outside) that isn't going to break the bank ?

Also a supplier would be good too.

Thanks in advance.

Tim

Depends what you you class as not breaking the bank mate - Zymol Glasur is decent, at about £95 a tub, unless you can find someone to bring you from the US where it is half that.

Cheap compared to the Royale, at £7000 a tub :shock:

However £95 is still a lot of cash - for a decent hardwearing wax you could try Collinite 476s - prob not as much shine, but v hard wearing, and only £15 a tub. Get it from:

www.cleanandshiney.co.uk

amongst others ...

Tim. This depends on the budget. If you don't want to run to a Zymol product, then Pinnacle Souveran is a good one at about £40 or the Poorboys ones at about £12 are a good bet. All of these are available at www.motorgeek.co.uk

One thing to concider is the colour of your car. The Souveran is better suited to dark colours.

Hey Tim,

There are various ones available. It all depends on how much you want to spend as suggested. A jar for the likes of Zymol and Swissol waxes will last you years even though the initial outlay seems a fair amount, overall its not that bad.

If it sits outside and you plan on waxing it often, I wouldn't bother with an expensive wax. Just go for something like P21s (£19/tub) or Collinite. Better yet, go for a synthetic like Rejex/Zaino which will be more durable.

After one overnight shower and the dust fallout, a car waxed in Royale will look the same as a car covered in P21S.

As above really, I use P21S on mine, not expensive, a doddle to apply, no chalky residue, and a good wet look shine with nice 'beading'. The only thing is, not that durable and has to be applied every 2 to 3 months depending on use!

This new Dodo juice stuff is getting rave reviews in the detailing world so far. Will probably give some a try myself!!!!

http://www.thepolishingcompany.com/dodoproductrange.html

Tim I use Zymol Glasur and then top up with P21S in between as this is the easier wasx ever to apply and gives the deep wet look that Ocean Blue needs. Trust me the Glasur will last years if used correctly and gives best smiles per miles. Get the Zymol starter kit IMHO so you dont undo G's good work.

I can also highly recommend the P21S shampoo for the regular wash.

Thanks for the advice all - how much is the Zymol stuff then and where can you get it ? Not sure that I can justify £100 on a tub of wax though :shock:

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mapp
Back