Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Swapped the 996 Turbo for a Cayman

Dave

Portimao
Well today I did the deed.

Went to OPC Mid Sussex and handed over the keys for Terry in exchange for the keys for a brand new Cayman S in Artic silver.

First impressions are that the Cayman is tight and fun to drive. The cabin is airy although a little plasticy. Power is OK but already missing the punch that the Turbo packs. I will just have to see how I get on with it.

Interesting swap Dave, congrats.

I've seen a few white 'GT style' Caymans in the OPC's which have changed my opinion of the Cayman. Look forward to hearing more about it. What was the reason for change?

WTF? Why? :?

Have to say Dave, I am very surprised!!!

Let us know how you get on with the power difference!

If this is true, remember that we might have to bar you. This is 911UK, not CaymanUK.

Surely this "swap" is only a courtesy car or a 24hr test drive!!

Surely.... :(

Don't be silly ... The Cayman would never supply the sort of "compension" that Dave requires. I recon the turbo stays :wink:

Bud Fox said:
Surely this "swap" is only a courtesy car or a 24hr test drive!!
Surely.... :(

:D

so no full time "Coxster" then Dave? :lol:

(the name "Coxster" comes courtesy of Mr Clarkson....)

They gave me a Coxster as a courtesy car the other week when they were trying to find my gearbox issue. It was a 3.4 Tippy and was quite good fun. I think I prefer the Cayman over it though. Prior to this they(OPC) had lent me a Cayenne with a small engine which was so underpowered it was funny. I am hoping that next time I need to leave my car with the OPC they will lend me a Carrera GT. :p

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back