Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Tokyo 997 You Tube adventures - Lambo Vid Added

Got up to about 130mph on that run but the fastest I have been in my current car is about 277 KMH and it was fine on the road.

The limits are there but there are plenty of roads you can floor it!

I will video the route to my office - its pretty cool - Shuto Expressway. its basically a motorway above the streets of Tokyo. At some points 11 or 12 floors high!

I have a bunch of vids - AM DB9, AMV8, Ferrari's, lambo's and many other Porsches but I cannot upload any of them! Very strange!

G'day All

I uploaded a short video of the Gallardo. Listen to that sound!

Very nice sound. They both your cars?

From the vid it (the sound)reminds me a lot of an M5 or M6

The 997 is mine - I didn't buy a Gallardo cos I couldn't fit it in the garage and the dealer wanted something 10,000 or 12,000 extra for a RHD car! Shame even my wife loved the Gallardo! Hard to keep her from flooring it everywhere she went!

Fingers said:
The 997 is mine - I didn't buy a Gallardo cos I couldn't fit it in the garage and the dealer wanted something 10,000 or 12,000 extra for a RHD car! Shame even my wife loved the Gallardo! Hard to keep her from flooring it everywhere she went!

Well if it was that was your wife in the vid, she sure did look like she was enjoying it. Esp when you accelerated hard

JayK said:
Fingers said:

Well if it was that was your wife in the vid, she sure did look like she was enjoying it. Esp when you accelerated hard

I didn't even realise the wife was in the vid! Thats her alright, she doesn't scare easily! She used to ride a motorbike before we got married and had an accident - some idiot in a car hit her but she was OK.

Hey Fingers,

Just wondering how much 997's and Gllardos etc in Japan. Cheaper, more expensive than the UK?

JayK said:
Hey Fingers,

Just wondering how much 997's and Gllardos etc in Japan. Cheaper, more expensive than the UK?

Definitely cheaper in Japan - a base 997 in RHD is about GBP 50,000 - the car is identical to the UK car but no PCM. You can have it fitted afterwards but I would buy a Tom Tom if I were in the UK - the PCM is too expensive for what it does.

The Gallardo is GBP 90,000 in LHD and about GBP 100,000 in RHD. For your info, an Aston AMV8 is GBP 70,000 - FULLY loaded, except the Navigation (comes with a crappy Volvo job anyways)

Nice vids Serv. hopefully some more soon......

When are you coming to a uk event then?

Jamie said:
Nice vids Serv. hopefully some more soon......

When are you coming to a uk event then?

Hi Jamie

Will post some Aston and Ferrari vids some time soon!

I might be in the UK in September - would love to meet everyone. I am still working in China a lot - haven't done more than 100 miles in my car in the last 6 weeks!!! My office in China has a Porsche dealer on the first floor - so i am getting Christophorus etc there!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emb01
Back