Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Welcome to the Porsche 991 [998] sub-forum !

911UK

Administrator
Staff member
With the facelift (blink and you'll miss it) 997 coming in early 2008, Porsche have already designed and are developing the next generation of the Porsche 911, the 998.

998 you ask ? well it was 996, then 997, so 998 sounds like the mostly likely choice before they realise they have to change it, as I have a feeling that 999 won't really work ? but a decision that they do not have to worry about till at least circa 2017!

So here we are, from the world's finest Porsche 911 forum, time to discuss the future of the world's most iconic sports car.

regards

Why won't the 999 work? 911 works in USA and that's their biggest market

That noise you hear is 996 and 997 owners sobbing as they realise how much faster depreciation on their cars is going to accelerate with yet another model of 911. Those of us on the other hand with classic air cooled cars are raising a glass of something suitable to the great gods of scarcity. :D

Seagull said:
Why won't the 999 work? 911 works in USA and that's their biggest market
Good call Seagull good call (excuse the pun) :)

Ghost said:
That noise you hear is 996 and 997 owners sobbing as they realise how much faster depreciation on their cars is going to accelerate with yet another model of 911. Those of us on the other hand with classic air cooled cars are raising a glass of something suitable to the great gods of scarcity. :D

Mines a Gluten free beer :D

Long live the beard & sandal chariots :lol:

Fuchs said:
Ghost said:

Mines a Gluten free beer :D

Long live the beard & sandal chariots :lol:

Au contraire, we will be seen as the true visionaries that we really are and all those that doubted us and went to the wet side will have to repent and flagellate themselves with strips of used Toyo 888s :D

Isn't Toyo 888 a bit modernist for you anacrophiles?

hog said:
Isn't Toyo 888 a bit modernist for you anacrophiles?

One has to use whatever is to hand. Sack cloth seems to be in short supply these days.

got to stay ahead of the game 8)

That noise you hear is 996 and 997 owners sobbing as they realise how much faster depreciation on their cars is going to accelerate with yet another model of 911. Those of us on the other hand with classic air cooled cars are raising a glass of something suitable to the great gods of scarcity.

You mean something like this thing! Good luck. Especially if you have to actually drive it.

like this thing

I don't know about depreciation for you lot but it has worked for me: I exchanged my £25K C4S for a Generation 1 996 Carrera 2 with sports exhaust, sunroof, and spectaclar FPSH every 3K miles, plus book of recipts..for £13,900!

It is less of a car but every bit as fun to drive, with much better fuel economy, and strangely it feels much more driver focussed.

Now that's what I call value!

EDIT: let's add the engine rebuild here and I would not exactly say value for money anymore. Don't tempt the fates!

However, with the Hartech unit in there it is set to go on and on and the silver lining is the increased resell value - no bad thing after all the hassle.

:thumb:

Attachments

• porsche_carrera_2_side_667.jpg
    porsche_carrera_2_side_667.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 13,642
Isn't there an issue with the 998 as someone like Peugeot has dibs on it or something like that. Hence the 991 derivative. :dont know:

I have a great feeling about the new one. :thumb:

Ghost said:

How very presumptuous! No tears here!
I myself rejoice in the further development of a classic sports car that has remained instantly recognisable for nearly 50 years. Much as I love the older models, I don't want to drive a 20 year old car, with an old fashioned interior and badly worn seats. Value is irrelevant when you're just happy to drive a Porsche.
What's sad is that people who drive the same car are prepared to knock newer models, and therefore indirectly, their owners, perhaps it's just down to not being able to afford a much newer one... who knows... :)

I suspect this new one (whatever the numbering) is going to be bigger, and with that wiill sadly lose part of the appeal.

Its probably something to do with how the population is getting fatter, and it's happening to cars now.

Just look at the Ka, Fiesta, Astra, Golf etc, they are all a size up on what they used to be.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back