Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

WANTED: Cheap Dateless Plate

uuf361

Daytona
Instead of the normal posters on here wanting to sell some over-inflated barely related plate, this time I actually want a plate - not 911 related and not even for HD1, but for the Golf....nothing Irish so if anyone has or knows of one please let me know.

Am checking fleabay but they seem to suddenly gets loads of bids in the last few mins and push over my (small) budget :(

Scott, it may sound obvious but have you checked the DVLA site? they have som half decent ones for as little as £250...

Tim Storey said:
Scott, it may sound obvious but have you checked the DVLA site? they have som half decent ones for as little as £250...

Really ?!

Did look a while back and was all what I would call non dateless. Will check again

aaah ok what are you defining as dateless? I was looking at some "T2 XXX" type plates going for £250.

if not there's always the back of the motoring sections of the papers, from memory there's www.regtransfers.co.ukand www.newreg.co.uk (i think, i'm going from memory here... :? )

Tim Storey said:
aaah ok what are you defining as dateless? I was looking at some "T2 XXX" type plates going for £250.

if not there's always the back of the motoring sections of the papers, from memory there's www.regtransfers.co.ukand www.newreg.co.uk (i think, i'm going from memory here... :? )

Ah, no,I want a proper dateless plate, e.g. 3 numbers and 3 letters - I don't consider the ones that start T or V etc as proper private plates (sorry to those that have them and like them :oops: )

Regtranfers et al are a tad expensive for the dateless, I'm hoping to get something for under £500 - just missed one on ebay - my bid was highest but the reserve was not met - it was rather high I suspect but you never know the seller might come back to me.

So a nice pre-1963, 999xxx or xxx999 combos.....not another one looking too! I know several people who are looking at these as they are a great looking plate.

Damian said:
So a nice pre-1963, 999xxx or xxx999 combos.....not another one looking too! I know several people who are looking at these as they are a great looking plate.

I've already got one but want another one for the other car...the one I missed out on tonight has already been relisted!

Out of curiousity what's an Irish plate look like? Seen a few references to "Irish plate not wanted" but never know how to identify them.

Ian.

ian_uk said:
Out of curiousity what's an Irish plate look like? Seen a few references to "Irish plate not wanted" but never know how to identify them.

Ian.

stuff like

NDZ 1234

IUI 5678

CKZ 91011

etc

Sorry chaps, not Irish but Northern Irish plates. Two different places you know! :lol: pleasedontgetpoliticalonmejustsayinghowitis :roll:

Yes sorry meant N. Irish.

Not quite understanding the examples so googled it and see it's the 'I' and the 'Z' that make them N. Irish.

Ian.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LB_85
Back