Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Help with 964 Exhaust

Jay 964rs Rep

Hi,
I'm investigating a replacement for my 964 C2 final exhaust box due to the existing baffal plates blowing & making a nasty rattle at low speeds. :oops: I've seen on the porscheshop web site that a G pipe replaces the final box. Is this considered a suitable alternative?
I've currently got a cup pipe fitted & i suspect a de cat pipe. Does this mean the exhaust will be effectively unsilenced???
Any help/advice appreciated.
Jay

Jay. I have witnessed a 964 with this set up and all I can say is that I hope you live a fair distance from your nearest neighbour. Effectively, this would be a straight through pipe and very loud.

Seagull said:
Jay. I have witnessed a 964 with this set up and all I can say is that I hope you live a fair distance from your nearest neighbour. Effectively, this would be a straight through pipe and very loud.
Thats what worries me. The car is loud anyway, but i've got to get the silencer replaced because the existing noise is embarrassing!!!
I guess with a system too loud, i won't get near many UK trackdays?

Jay,

I have a cat bypass and cupe pipe and the car is quite loud, measuring 108db. With a g pipe i imagine the noise would be unbearable...

You need to keep with the final silencer with your set up. Get a G-pipe and your teeth will fall out and you will not get on any tracks (if that's what you'd like to do). Used standard final silencers are around £150 from the likes of Porschapart.

Superunknown said:
Jay,

I have a cat bypass and cupe pipe and the car is quite loud, measuring 108db. With a g pipe i imagine the noise would be unbearable...

108 !

All I can say it fit the G pipe and get it ear tuned to sounds like a messerschmitt!! result 8)

on mine I have a cat bypass, but i think the final 2 silencers are standard, its quiet when it needs to be but really howls, i think thats induction noise more than anything else though...

if anything i thing i'd buy a cup pipe...

So, are you saying that your aRSe isn't as noisy as it should be? :?

its fine as it is, its nice to drive something quieter - the other one is waaaaay loud. I'll only think about it if this one drops off lol

oh

i get ya...

d'oh!

Seagull said:
So, are you saying that your aRSe isn't as noisy as it should be? :?

I hope you got a G pipe on the way 8)

LOL. Just a cup pipe, remap and a hot film conversion, with cone filter. Rumour has it, about 310 to 320 bhp 8)

demonfish said:
is the hot film conversion that good then?

I am told it is good for about 40 to 50 BHP and less than a grand. I'll try to find some contact details for you.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back