Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New GT2 anyone??

Rob J

:scratcheschin: if the Alfa turns out to be a dud . . . 8)

According to a thread seen elsewhere, only 20 coming into the UK :shock:

3 highlights for me:

1) the new induction system that reduces compression, but increases Turbo boost by 2.9psi as standard over the TT ==> less potential for future tuners (who often rely on increasing boost)

2) Launch control ==> sounds great, never heard of it on a clutched manual before

3) Those seats look lush! Folding Recaro buckets? Answers the question everyone who wanted buckets but needed rear access.

The GT2 (996 or funds allowing the 997) is certainly a 911 I'd strongly consider moving to after the PolarExpress... hmmm.... :scratcheschin:

On some Racelogic traction control systems, they also have a launch control option. My freind use to use it on his car.

Porsche911GT2of_1_560.jpg

Porsche911GT2of_2_560.jpg

145 KG less than a 997 TT and 530 BHP but with traction control is BLOODY IMPRESSIVE

if I ever sell the Gt3 I'm getting a Gt2 !

Listen boys - I am jumping to the front of the queue as I have experience of Turbo Porsches 8)

Dave said:
Listen boys - I am jumping to the front of the queue as I have experience of Turbo Porsches 8)

No mate you have to go to the back of the queue, as you keep breaking turbos! :wink:

PolarExpress said:
2) Launch control ==> sounds great, never heard of it on a clutched manual before

The racelogic traction control system my car has fitted does launch control if i'm not mistaken. I've never tried the launch system and don't use the TC either but it would be very useful on wet trackdays (of which I've not done any).

Dave said:

Well done Dave, I'm with you although, I don't think I'd want to jump the queue I'll stick to my GT2 instead - it's more of a man's car :wink:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back