Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Dent on door-cosmetic work

Vishal

last weekend as I was driving down the road, somebody threw a stone at my car and now I have a dent on driver side door and scratch on door sill by ricochet.

Painful and what a lowlife!

What is the best way to sort it out? I am palnning to go through approved Porsche body repairs and my Insurance is likely to pay for this.

Suggestions welcome.

try a dent removal place first,they might be able to sort the scratch too if its not too deep..........also its likely to be cheaper paying for the repair yourself rather than going through your Insurance as your XS will probably work out to be near enough half the cost of the repair if you use an approved bodyshop.............leave your Insurance to handle bigger repairs

Sorry to hear that Vishal.....gosh, do people do things like that, ie throwing stones at nice cars? Such scum..... Have to agree with Rodders on the approach for remedy tho.'

~ Maxie

the door has a dent and a deep scratch. Dent is 3cm diameter. I am taking it to repair shop for estimate today.

I suspect needs new panel. Isurance is claim protected so i will weigh the balance after the repair.

PSE has to wait I am afraid.

I am also hearing a lot of horror stories about car-jacks.

Not a nice time we live in is it?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
N13LVV
Back