Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Never use your 911 as a wedding car ...

clipstone

Imola
It was my brother in law's wedding on Sat, and my wife kindly offered my services to chauffeur him to the wedding in the 911.

No probs I said - car should look nice with the white ribbons on it. So I put them on Sat morning and drove him to the wedding through the pouring rain, and then drove back to the hotel and parked pride of place outside to show off a bit, and hopefully get the car in some of the wedding photos :wink:

Some time during the meal I nipped outside for a quick smoke, and noticed the wind had picked up a bit and the ribbon was flapping about - went and checked the bonnet, to find two areas of scratching on the bonnet, about 3" wide x 8" long in a 'v' shape, where the ribbon must have trapped some dirt underneath it, and scratched the f*ck out of my bonnet :shock:

Winner - looks like it will be a few hours with the PC trying to lift that out - looks a right mess :(

Next time I will just offer to hire him a car ...

Drove my missus to our wedding in my old 993 guards rec convertible.

looked the biz.

spent 4 hours in the morning polishing it and was red hot all day.

Those were the days....before all this global warming and the subsequent cold and and rain.

No good deed goes unpunished mate. You will have it as good as new soon enough.

Pleased to report that the PC did the business, and that after an hour or so the said scratches are now a thing of the past :D

Did not take too much effort with some Meznerna (sp?) Intensive on an LC orange pad, followed by a buzzing over with Mez Final Finish on an LC white pad - not up to Master G's standards, but alot better than it was!!

Also the unusually sunny weather yesterday allowed me the time to wash it off and then chuck on a coat of wax too, so quite pleased overall :)

Cool ! - :)

I drove my sister-in-law's Boxster to my own wedding 5 years ago. Teh ribbon that was tied to the hood's lock decided to fly off during the drive to the church....... now that flower-shape ribbon was also tied to the side mirrors, so it was flapping about above and behind me and my wife's head as I drove...ha ha ha. We had to stop the car, tied the ribbon again and was almost late for the ceremony... our own ceremony...

I used Tara for my wedding.... Not sure if I've got any pics without n0b ruining tham.

Nope can't find any... 4 years ago on Thursday... :cry:

mway1.jpg

nicola_keith_porsche1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back