Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Axle stands for GT3s

Parts

Banned
Can anyone help on this - I have standard axle stands, about 10 inches high.

But I can't jack the car high enough to get them on these stands! :( But the car is miles off the ground (wheels about 3 inches off) so can do the work I need.

Anyone knoew where you can get lower axle stands or should I just use bricks? Other option is just to get a bigger jack of course. I have been using the jacking point under the engine/gearbox.

Cheers. :oops:

Chris, bigger jack needed. Try e-bay but go for a racing jack so it will fit under the car. should be able to get a reasonable one for £100 ish.

It isn't a tiny jack - just seems to need to lift the car much higher than for the C2.

You could go on a diet, then you could ft under a smaller gap :lol: :lol:

Use car ramps but check your clearances or you might ground red revo. Then block up jack put axle stands in place and remove ramps it does work ive done it in the past.

Another trick is to drive the car onto some wood planks before jacking up. That way you can then get the extra piece of wood between the jack and the body work so that you can lift it higher.

Getting the car up to a good height with the jack also depends on the jacking point e.g. with a 964 it's necessary to remove the undertray and jack under the engine/gearbox join.

Cheers guys - I think a new jack is going to be required if I want it on axle stands. There was a post about this on the old forum.

i'm definately (when i move) going to look into a garage extension, but upwards and get some ramps.... fit two cars in the garage then, and damn useful...

Arcan trolley jack is good. Long lever reach (ie, it goes up high) and more than sufficient 2.5tonne capacity. About £65 from Costco. Only downside is that it is not really portable/light, but it provides the lift capacity when you need it... and how often do you bring a trolley jack around with you?

Scary - I have the same jack. the good thing for GT3's is that it has a low saddle height to get under the car in the first place.

I thought you couldn't use axel stands with 911's as you shouldn't use the suspension arms to support the car? (why are they called axel stands as they are no longer placed under the axels?)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
porschezilla
Back