Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Deposit Placed

Seagull

Estoril
This afternoon I put a deposit down on the Guards Red RS which appeared on Pistonheads last week. The dealer selling it has previously sold a few 964 and 993 RSs and seems like a genuine guy who is trying to carve out a place in this niche market. He knows that to sell anything which isn't straight when everyone looking for an RS talks to everyone else, would be suicidal.

The car is original except for having a Turbo rear PU put on in 1991 when it was brought over from Munich. The bills show no other bodywork being done, just the PU and the bits behind it. There is no sign of any creasing or work to the rear end.

There were a couple of faults which Peter at Pink Pig Performance has agreed to put right:

1. A broken odometer, but the car has only done about 100 miles in this condition.
2. No original RS steering wheel, so if anyone looking to get rid of one would call him, that would help.

OPC Reading took the car in PX for a GT3 early in 2006 and spent ages restoring it, hence the new carpets and respray - there are bills which must total £7k of their own internal cost so God knows how much this would have cost you or me. They then had it as a display model in their showroom for a while before selling it on to PPP. It has new brakes, struts, springs all round, a new strut brace, new arch liners, new tyres and totally refurbed Mags.

The engine sounds really good and it holds oil pressure nicely although it seems to be running more than 260 BHP.

I really couldn't believe that after months of tracking just about every RS in Europe which was for sale, I find a good one 35 miles from home. The only fault which I could otherwise find is the usual scuff on the seat - is there anyway of getting into a bucket without dragging your @rse across it?

As you may have guessed, I am a happy punter and I don't care if I paid over the odds for it or not as I don't intend getting rid of it.
:D :D 8) :D :D

congrats stu,

that is great news, I know how passionate you are about them, pics please

Fantastic news Stu.

And so quick after selling the Targa.

So when do you pick it up ?

Good man! No hanging about for you eh? Better start working on a new sig! :D

Fantastic Stu, lots of pics please, when's your first venture onto track gonna be?

Thanks guys.

I'll get it once the odometer problem is sorted out, so hopefully in a week or two.

I so love the 964 shape. IMHO the prettyest 911 shape, but that is just my opinion (and Daz's unless you've changed your mind)

I will try and blag the pics from the sellers site and host them somewhere. I know I'm biassed but I would say that thanks to it's respray etc. it is nearly in Concourse condition - I'll soon change that :cry:

Stu - great!!!!!

Does this mean you are on for Oulton Park? 8)

189940-1.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jons123
Back