Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Hardtop Storage

TimS

Spa-Francorchamps
Looking for a different way of storing my hardtop as I don't have the floorspace for a stand.

Has anyone heard of or tried an Autopac bag or another sort of wall mounting system?

There is actually a bag to put your hardtop in which can then be wall mounted. I'll try and find the link for it and post it on here.

There is some lot called the Hard Top Cover company.

They supply a nice fitted bag and brackets which allows the HT to be wall mounted.

I think they have a little article in this month's GT Porsche mag, sorry I couldn't find anything on the web.

Check your PM.

Mine hangs from the garage roof, with a wall mounted brake winch.
Works very well, though in my cramped garage I frequently find myself banging my head on the cab roof when I reach for the hedge trimmers.

Thanks guys.

Jay T, I was thinking of trying something similar. What fixings did you use to hang it?

Everything required came with the hoist.
Basically:
A harness to hold the cab roof
Two hooks, one to attach to the ceiling above where you want to hang the roof and one near the top of the wall above the winch.
Winch which is screwed to the wall using bloody big screws.
Cable which runs from winch, through the two hooks and attaches to the harness.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back