Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

a commercial for the Porsche 911 (997)

David Rose

Hockenheim
I just really like this

Did the phrase "Porsche there is no substitute" come just from Risky Business or was it used before?

Ohhhh why didn't the 928 pick up on that phrase???

Re: a commercial for Porsche

David Rose said:
"Porsche there is no substitute"

hhhmmmmm Now I've seen that somewhere :wink: blink and you'll miss it !

I really liked it too. Should be a follow up with young lad returning to same sales man 15 years later and buying his first Porche.

Thanks for sharing a magical experience!

Bridget Jones said:
I really liked it too. Should be a follow up with young lad returning to same sales man 15 years later and buying his first Porche.

They have a very good understanding when it comes to ads. Check out on youtube the 'Are you listening' ad 10+ years ago.

Trouble is it wouldn't be pretty, for a true Porsche fan its a disappointing experience, its all numbers now and I personally think that the OPC sales people couldn't give a stuff about the brand in the way we do here and in the way the advert comes across. IMHO of course, probably some exceptions, Sid Spanner springs to mind. I bet its only the UK as well, can't imagine the US or the Germans being like that.

Chris W said:
Bridget Jones said:

They have a very good understanding when it comes to ads. Check out on youtube the 'Are you listening' ad 10+ years ago.

Trouble is it wouldn't be pretty, for a true Porsche fan its a disappointing experience, its all numbers now and I personally think that the OPC sales people couldn't give a stuff about the brand in the way we do here and in the way the advert comes across. IMHO of course, probably some exceptions, Sid Spanner springs to mind. I bet its only the UK as well, can't imagine the US or the Germans being like that

I think you may be right there: The German dealer I visited last year was very enthusiastic - despite not speaking very good English they whipped my car into the workshop and did a MAF change and a pedal switch while I waited, charged me half the UK rate and smiled throughout (and plied me with superb coffee, danish pastries, etc. throughout!)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back