Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Red Porsche Brake Caliper Cleaning

MaKSiNG

Silverstone
After my trip to the Ring my calipers are now looking very black. They obviously got very hot through use (they were smoking at one point when I got back to the car park :whistle: ) but now I cannot get the brake dust off them anymore. They look really dull.

I wonder if it is something to do with the stuff I spray on my tyres. I might have got some overspray and this has now been superheated and is stuck to the caliper.

I have tried wheel cleaner but this is not shifting it.
Anybody any ideas of how to bring my baby back to its original lustre?

brake cleaner?

not being sarcastic, its not a "halfords" kinda thing, its more of an assembly cleaner, sometimes called clutch cleaner...

although it may be more of a degreaser...

hmm

t-cut?

Brilliant guys. Thanks.

I was just thinking about it tonight and thought I wonder if T-Cut will do it. Might try that first tomorrow and then go get some brake cleaner if it doesn't work.

Sundeep - when you next at the Ring? Would love to get a pax in your GT3.

Thanks a lot guys.

Brake Cleaner did the job. Funny that :wink:

Forgot I still had some in the garage.

Brake dust really is nasty stuff, isn't it! You go through a lot of new cloths. And residue from the cloth goes back on the caliper and you have to go over the area again.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back