Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Paintshield

PolarExpress

Banned
I just got back from Paintshield this evening after I paid them a visit to have my car filmed (2 front wings, 2 side cills, and the Halford's special spoiler :wink:).

They finished the entire job in just under 2 hours, and the finish is really superb! The film on the rear spoiler really looks mega: somehow the clearcoat really accentuates the carbon weave whilst improving the overall shine! (carbon has no lacquer, just the gel coat)

Big thumbsup recommendation from me again. :D

PolarExpress said:
I just got back from Paintshield this evening after I paid them a visit to have my car filmed (2 front wings, 2 side cills, and the Halford's special spoiler :wink:).

They finished the entire job in just under 2 hours, and the finish is really superb! The film on the rear spoiler really looks mega: somehow the clearcoat really accentuates the carbon weave whilst improving the overall shine! (carbon has no lacquer, just the gel coat)

Big thumbsup recommendation from me again. :D

Wrapped around the panel edges or just to the edge?

Just to the edge.

I saw the Ventureshield product that wraps around the edges. Up close it looks very good (I saw it on a black GT3 just a couple weeks ago), and you can hardly see it. But then I spoke to the company installing it, and I was put off. The Ventureshield film is very thing - much thinner than the 3M film used by Paintshield. It is the thinness that allows them to wrap/bend it around all the panels. But this thinness is, imho, also the problem and main reason why I decided against it: in my experience, the thicker Paintshield 3M film is about as thin as you would ever want the film due to the amount of protection offered.

I HAVE had the Paintshield film perforate on my car before from flying debris, and yet it managed to protect the underlying paint from damage 100%. I have no doubt that the Ventureshield film would have perforated just like the Paintshield film, but it would not have protected the paint surface due to it's thinness. The difference between the 2 films thickness is very noticeable. If the film is too thin to provide adequate protection from debris, what's the point in getting the film?

Paintshield offer a warranty with their product, and I can vouch that they honour it.

I was also put off by my local Ventureshield agent who was doing this as a side business and seemed very nonchalant about the whole thing. When I asked him how long it would take, they requested to have the car for 2+ days and said they would fit it in around their other business. :? Not very confidence inspring when you are having to leave your P&J with them. And this is before I find out that Ventureshield were going to hand cut the film whist on my car. :nono:

Paintshield were also quite a bit cheaper than Ventureshield.

So overall, I decided to go for Paintshield again. They are a professional paintfilm-only business and they have delivered good results at a good price.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back