Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

CAYENNE TURBO VS CONTNENTAL GT.

sibz

Hey guys from your knowledge and experiance, what has a betterfuel consumption between the two??

Both being driven in city/ urban areas like croydon, bromley, maidstone ect.

To my knowledge cyenne 10 mpg continental 8 mpg???

What do you think.

Sibz, isn't the question pretty accademic? 8 or 10 miles per gallon is neither here nor there. If anyone's criteria for buying a car is fuel consumption then they wouldn't look at either of them. Poluting Croydon is fine but be nice to people from Bromley :lol:

Im from bromley lol. Not the be all end all i know neither the deciding factor on purchase of either just a curiosity question.

But are they that much worse than a 996 c4s or 997 carrera s??

Don't know about the 4S but I get about 12 mpg when I'm just driving around town, 10 mpg on track days and the Le Mans trip was 820 miles at an average of 27 mpg, albeit mostly motorway with the ocasional blast (honest monsieur le Gendarme, I get confused between Miles/hour and kilometres/hour)

A 996 Targa for the next couple of weeks and then sometime in (I hope) the not too distant future a 964RS :D

In my 996C4S I get around 30 cruising on the m-way and a roads in normal driving etc

I'd be amazed if you got much less than 20 in road driving, probably less in urban.

I have been seeing the following on the in car 'puter:
13 to 18 on Cayenne Turbo S.
18 to 24 on GT2.
Very much speed/roads/right foot dependant!

Seagull, 12mpg around town....?! That's heavy. I have the same car as you and in town it doesn't seem to dip below 17mpg. Though I guess that argument is also academic too as you might be hanging around in traffic for longer than I have. On the other hand, I have never got above 29mpg on a long run, 30mpg+ in a C4S is fantastic.

Btw, I thought you would be replacing the Targa with the 997 version?

~ Maxie

Oh well, I suppose 911 aren't really about fuel economy, but its always nice to be able to take the wind out of the sails of an eco-zealot!

Robertb said:
Oh well, I suppose 911 aren't really about fuel economy, but its always nice to be able to take the wind out of the sails of an eco-zealot!

911's are not about miles per gallon, it's smiles per gallon you need to be concerned about! 8)

Robertb said:

That's easy. Run the 911 on Tesco 99 and be an eco-zealot. It has 5% bio-ethanol in it.

I had 37 mpg showing on my C4S driving to work this morning in the usual A road crawl after I filled up.

Admittedly it dropped a bit after the road cleared :twisted:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back