Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 GT3 Battery

ghaywood

My GT3 has a tracker (Cobra Trak 5) and after 10 days the battery is flat as a pancake, this is quite normal I understand. I get a warning light on the dash indicating electrical failure, plug in a charger and it's ok for another 10 days.

Is there a better / bigger battery that I can get that will keep things ticking over for a while longer?

Cheers

ghaywood said:
My GT3 has a tracker (Cobra Trak 5) and after 10 days the battery is flat as a pancake, this is quite normal I understand. I get a warning light on the dash indicating electrical failure, plug in a charger and it's ok for another 10 days.

Is there a better / bigger battery that I can get that will keep things ticking over for a while longer?

Cheers

leave it on trickle charge, should be fine, I reg leave mine for 5 days, and then just run the engine for a few mins.

Wot speedfreak said.

The battery conditioners from CTEK are the way to go. Plugs into the cigarette lighter, no fuss or bother.

Keep the GT3 & Lotus on them not a problem at all

PS welcome to the forum & yet another GT3 at the party.

Can't recommend a battery conditioner enough, never had a single

problem with it, welcome to GT3 central.

Max

Max Bowler said:
Can't recommend a battery conditioner enough, never had a single

problem with it, welcome to GT3 central.

Max

Yep - mine is plugged into one too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back