Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Becker Single DIN Sat Nav - Cascade 7944, ideal for the 911

Porsche

Donnington
After the excellent Becker Traffic Pro High Speed 7820 in my 993 (still the recommended unit for the 993, as it has that 993 look)

it was time to upgrade for GT3, the OEM CDR-23 is quite frankly awful on all counts, so as I don't want to have a window stuck Tom Tom etc and there was no way PCM was going to be stuck into the GT3, it was time for another Becker Single Din Unit (the performance car choice).

Becker also make all of the high end OEM Car stereo (Porsche, Aston, fezza) unit so the issue and cost of campatability isnt one, thankfully.

So deciding to go for something more modern over my previous 7820 unit, the latest version is the Becker Cascade Range, which has a host of features as you would expect including a Blue Tooth telephone connection (in light of the laws on driving / using your phone) is a must, which enables me to dial from the unit and it's all via the speakers.

So here it is everything except a full map overview.

Full European Sat Nav, 4 Character Post Code (Nav data on a Memory Stick, so the CD slot is free)

Becker 2RDS Radio (better performance over the OEM)
Phone Blue Tooth
Ipod Connector
Voice Command

With a choice of screen colours as below... Orange is the one (I think!)

and saves 100 grams over the CDR-23 ! and with a better inbuilt amp the sound is also better even on the weedy GT3 speakers.

Cost expect to pay at least £700, excluding fitting, which required the entire centre console to be taken off, vents, cup holders, etc in order to get the sat nav antenna installed, which is underneath the alarm light on the front of the dash. Great Job by Sid in installing.

Uprated front speakers are next.

8)

IMG_0498a.jpg

IMG_0503a.jpg

IMG_0502a.jpg

IMG_0501a.jpg

IMG_0500a.jpg

IMG_0509a.jpg

aftermarket navi

Don't want to highjack your thread, but recently purchased a 2002 C4S with a 1 DIN "Porsche OEM Traffic Pro" from Becker, 4760.

Could I easily (plug n play) replace this unit with any other 1 DIN system from Becker, or is the contact on the back modified specificaly for Porsche OEM's ?

Also considering replacing it with a 2 DIN system with a more graphical navigation system.

Thanks for feedback.

Re: aftermarket navi

snocrash said:
Don't want to highjack your thread, but recently purchased a 2002 C4S with a 1 DIN "Porsche OEM Traffic Pro" from Becker, 4760.

Could I easily (plug n play) replace this unit with any other 1 DIN system from Becker, or is the contact on the back modified specificaly for Porsche OEM's ?

Also considering replacing it with a 2 DIN system with a more graphical navigation system.

Thanks for feedback.

In theory you should be able to plug and play the 4760 with a Cascade, really just depends on whether the 4760 is OEMed to use the CAN-BUS connection. By the sounds of if your C4S is pre-MOST, so you can replace the stereo with anything :)

Re: Becker Single DIN Sat Nav - Cascade 7944, ideal for the

Uprated front speakers are next.

Well done mate.. looks well.

Keep me informed about the speaker upgrade.. I need to get mine done.
(did ask Ade to let me know how his sounded (?Kappa's?) but never did - :roll: )

On the old site, I posted pictures of my speaker upgrade.

I've done both fronts and rears, a big improvement :)

Just about to collect a 2000 model with a CDR-220. Expect this is going to be pretty poor especially compared to the Alpine stuff I have in my other car.

Are Becker the original manufactur for the Porsche branded stuff and is there a really good replacement or would you look at a different manufacturer?

I've also seen where the climate controls have been relocated to the lower console to allow a double height satnav screen in (either Porsche or an after-market). Do you know if this is difficult to do?

Would anyone have a recommendation for a good satnav to fit, aftermarket, rather than OEM? I feel that a screen finishes the space off a little better.

By the way, can the cupholder be retro-fitted on a 2000 model?

TimS said:
Just about to collect a 2000 model with a CDR-220. Expect this is going to be pretty poor especially compared to the Alpine stuff I have in my other car.

Are Becker the original manufactur for the Porsche branded stuff and is there a really good replacement or would you look at a different manufacturer?

I've also seen where the climate controls have been relocated to the lower console to allow a double height satnav screen in (either Porsche or an after-market). Do you know if this is difficult to do?

Would anyone have a recommendation for a good satnav to fit, aftermarket, rather than OEM? I feel that a screen finishes the space off a little better.

By the way, can the cupholder be retro-fitted on a 2000 model?

Becker are the OEM supplier to Porsche.

The climate control panel can be relocated to the lower console, it just requires a new angled/curved surround available from your local OPC. A simplish task :)

I'd consider the Kenwood DDX units, others the Pioneer ones.

Damian said:

If you don't mind could you repost :?: in a fresh thread

Just taken out my front speakers and face with the blanked off tweeter section, just wondering what to do !

regards

admin said:
Damian said:

Just taken out my front speakers and face with the blanked off tweeter section, just wondering what to do !

regards

Err no, it took me about 30 minutes to post it originally :eek:

I'll just post the pictures :)

admin said:
Damian said:

regards

I'm guessing you will have to cut some out your self.

Elite Detailing said:
admin said:
Damian said:

regards

I'm guessing you will have to cut some out your self.

Sundeep with a Stanley knife......it's going to end in tears :)

The Infiniti Kappa 47i's (dash speakers only) were finally fitted to my car last week. WOW!!! What a difference! They come with their own mini amps attached, and it's enough to really punch through the road/engine/exhaust noise in the cabin at speed :wink: The speakers were fitted behind the original speaker grills, so everything looks OEM on the dash.

Re: aftermarket navi

Damian said:
snocrash said:

In theory you should be able to plug and play the 4760 with a Cascade, really just depends on whether the 4760 is OEMed to use the CAN-BUS connection. By the sounds of if your C4S is pre-MOST, so you can replace the stereo with anything :)

thanks for the info. Yeah, it's definately not MOST.

I have BOSE installed however, and from what i gathered on other forums it's using highlevel input for the bose amp ? (i.e. not linelevel), Could anyone confirm this ?

The 4760 is Porsche OEM , so i guess it's directly fitted with the Porsche connector (is the any name for this, would help me to google up a adapter or so). For a non Porsche-OEM becker I assume you need an adapter or manually move around the pins ? Do the connectors look the same ?

Many thanks for the info.

PolarExpress said:
The Infiniti Kappa 47i's (dash speakers only) were finally fitted to my car last week. WOW!!! What a difference! They come with their own mini amps attached, and it's enough to really punch through the road/engine/exhaust noise in the cabin at speed :wink: The speakers were fitted behind the original speaker grills, so everything looks OEM on the dash.

Ade those aren't 'mini amps' they are crossovers :)

Damian said:
PolarExpress said:

Ade those aren't 'mini amps' they are crossovers :)

8)

er.... is that good ?

as it's an option on the Becker Cascade

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back