Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Which leather treatment.......

Zymol Treat. Although the neighbours might think you're a bit wierd warming your seats with the wife's hairdryer

Thanks for the tip - I'll give it a try

I seem to remember this coming up on the old style forum too - but didn't know where I could find the old post.

Speaking of seats, my car has done approx 51k miles, with seemingly no passenger, and so the drivers ets looks used, and the passenger one looks brand new. Have you heard of anyone swapping the seats over - is this possible?

Also, could you recommend a workshop manual?

It was on the old forum and the topics have not been transferred accross just yet. I think the controls on the side might make them difficult to swap, but the Gliptone improved my drivers seat loads.

If you put the work in, you may get it back to it's best.

I used to recommend Gliptone, until I tried the new Poorboys Leather Stuff, great stuff!

Do you mean saddle soap or baby lotion - which I have heard people use as cheap options - or is 'Poorboys Leather Stuff' for real?!

Bill Smith said:
Do you mean saddle soap or baby lotion - which I have heard people use as cheap options - or is 'Poorboys Leather Stuff' for real?!

It's real mate. I haven't tried it so it wouldn't be fair for me to cast my opinion. If you google it, "poorboys leather" it should come up without any issues.

Fair enough

I'll try the Gliptone treatment for now as recomended.

Besides I think it might be safer than looking for 'Poorboys Leather Stuff' on the internet!!

Bill Smith said:
Besides I think it might be safer than looking for 'Poorboys Leather Stuff' on the internet!!

PMSL! You should see the application instructions! Apply a medium sized amount to your hands and massage into the leather :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back