Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

No more orders on current GT3 and GT3 RS

marvin morrison

Hi,

I am new to the forum, but thought I would share some info. my local OPC confirmed at the weekend, whilst enquirying about lead times for GT3.

My OPC confirmed that Porsche have stopped taking orders for both the 997 GT3 and GT3 RS. They have been informed by Porsche that both models will stop being built from end of 07, and have had to return 2 customers deposits for £10K each. I was a little surprised given the current life cycle of the model, and can only guess that this has something to do with the facelift due at the end of the year and change to Direct Fuel Injection engines.

Has anyone else heard similar stories ?

Kind Regards

Marvin

Migration info. Legacy thread was 142126

I overheard the salesman say just that to a customer at Porsche Guildford yesterday.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 142127

Yep have heard that and know someone who has had a deposit returned. The mk2 will be along soon I would imagine.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 142129

Question 1 - How many Mk1 997 GT3' and RS's will be produced.

Question 2 - How will the introduction of the Mk2 affect the prices of Mk1's.

Question 3 - Are the Mk2's going to come with a better colour choice?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 142139

PS Hi and welcome Marvin. Do you currently have a GT3?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 142140

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Dave on 15 May 2007

Question 1 - How many Mk1 997 GT3' and RS's will be produced.

Question 2 - How will the introduction of the Mk2 affect the prices of Mk1's.

Question 3 - Are the Mk2's going to come with a better colour choice?

Bring on round 2 of MkI GT3 v MkII GT3 debate :|

:wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 142141

I think the real GT3 worth waiting for is the 3.8 GT3...

The 997GT3 is a brilliant all-round car and will take a hammering in value if a facelift version comes out so soon. But will there even be a facelift 3.6GT3 before the 3.8?

I will be surprised if the direct injection technology makes its way into the 3.6 version of any GT3, unless it is already employed in the 3.8GT3 RSR engine.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 142149

A 3.8 with 450-460 bhp would be very interesting - but it would kill the mk1 GT3 residuals. Maybe why they are keeping it so quiet.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 142159

Hi Dave,

Thanks. I currently have a Cayman S (I can here this hisses) but was looking to upgrade to a 997 and have heard so many rave reviews about the GT3 that I thought I would enquire about lead times as I knew there was potentially a 9-12 month wait.

OPC wouldn't confirm any Mk 2 for obvious reason but did say that DFI engine for 08 and DSG to follow. Will wait and see what is unvailed at Frankfurt Motor show in September.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 142169

Marvin - those Caymans are quick on track. Have you thought of having one upgraded a bit?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 142176

I had a long chat with another 997RS owner at the Ring the other weekend...(Dutch)

He was going on about his close links to the factory, and insisted that there will be no new version of any derivative for at least 2-3+ years, i.e when a 998 versions comes along....

He also knew about the End of production for the current model, and was feeling very smug about possible residuals...

Personally i will just keep my ear to the ground, and if there is a new version, i'll be 1st in line, banging on the door :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 142189

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Glenn Mc on 15 May 2007

He was going on about his close links to the factory, and insisted that there will be no new version of any derivative for at least 2-3+ years, i.e when a 998 versions comes along....
Surely there will - Porsche seem to like money these days and there are still loads of orders for the cars. I thought limitied production was a thing of the past.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 142194

Maybe they're rationalising the range in view of the new Eurocrat emissions regs :(

Migration info. Legacy thread was 142195

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Robertb on 15 May 2007

Maybe they're rationalising the range in view of the new Eurocrat emissions regs :(
All the more reason to sell the cars while they can.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 142197

I have heard from many sources, especially OPC's that the whole Porsche car production will be cut back next year...

I think they realise that the are in danger of diluting the brand...

G.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 142245

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back