Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Advice X 3 please

Flatsix

No 1, Where is the plug for the switchable sports exhaust, as its on all the time and i do sometimes need to turn it off (very early starts, trackdays) The bodyshop have over looked this.

No2, What the heck are those screws holding the MAF sensor? like a star fitting but with a middle. Name and size? from Halfrauds?

No3, Where can i get a seperating tool to prise the cups from the back of the brake pads? would a narrow wallpaper scraper do?

Many thanks for any help

Mark.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 141358

<Have moved to 996>

Sorry can't help with any of the answers though.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 141360

Cool thanks, on my way to Halfrauds now.

Wish they'd use cap heads for everything, so much easier. Although i suppose its to stop us fiddling!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 141370

Damianc4s has experience wiring up a PSE- maybe PM him?

Dunno about the other queries... sorry!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 141379

Let us know how you get on with cleaning the MAF (guessing thats what you are doing) Had been thinking about doing mine

Migration info. Legacy thread was 141382

Mark, just fitted new pads to my all round and the damping shims (if thats what you're referring to) were largely stuck on there even with the previous owner having put some copper anti-seize paste on there). However they are fairly cheap (~£10 for a full set) and porsche recommend you get a fresh set every time you replace the pads....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 141385

Okey Dokey, the chap in Halfrauds said they don't do a to T-20 Torx with a hole in the middle (tamper-proof)

I brought another MAF as a spare and as i'm trying the REVO remap soon thought i'd swap them over and keep the old one in the motor just in case.

I've done the brake pads before and replaced shims, pins and sensors. Its just i can't seperate the shims from the pads even though i smeared optimoly on the backs of the pads and i have heard there's a tool to seperate the two.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 141390

Just ordered the hollow ended security T-20 Torx from Screwfix.

Only need to know where i can replug this PSE now, thanks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 141394

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Flatsix on 13 May 2007

Okey Dokey, the chap in Halfrauds said they don't do a to T-20 Torx with a hole in the middle (tamper-proof)
I am in the process of getting the tools and cleaner to clean my MAF (2003TT with 35K) as I am sure it will improve crawling along in traffic and I already have the Revo remap :D
. All the bits can be bought cheaply off Ebay.

To save searching these are the parts I have just bought:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290110037847&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.co.uk%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26satitle%3D290110037847%26fvi%3D1

and

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140115532268&ru=http%3A%2F%2Fsearch.ebay.co.uk%3A80%2Fsearch%2Fsearch.dll%3Ffrom%3DR40%26satitle%3D140115532268%26fvi%3D1

Everything delivered for less than £10.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 141395

Previous poster said:
No 1, Where is the plug for the switchable sports exhaust, as its on all the time and i do sometimes need to turn it off (very early starts, trackdays) The bodyshop have over looked this.
No2, What the heck are those screws holding the MAF sensor? like a star fitting but with a middle. Name and size? from Halfrauds?
No3, Where can i get a seperating tool to prise the cups from the back of the brake pads? would a narrow wallpaper scraper do?
Many thanks for any help
Mark.

1. So you have a PSE with no switch?

2. It's a security T-20, you can find this in Maplin, Halford had a set of security Torx but they don't fit in the hole.

3. You can use your thumbs or two spanners and push them back together using the brake disc as leverage.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 141442

1. No my PSE is switchable, but Reynolds the paint shop must have left it unplugged! as the switch now does nowt.

2. Been ordered from screwfix

3. the pads can be moved back but are firmly stuck to the 'cups'

Migration info. Legacy thread was 141446

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Flatsix on 13 May 20071. No my PSE is switchable, but Reynolds the paint shop must have left it unplugged! as the switch now does nowt.
2. Been ordered from screwfix
3. the pads can be moved back but are firmly stuck to the 'cups'

Eeek! Check the orange connector is attached:

ExhaustSW4.jpg

Get some brake cleaner and penetrating spray and hope they come loose. I take it you removed the shim when putting on the new pads.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 141452

Oh s***, yep thats connected, just been out and fired her up with the switch in both positions and its loud on both settings.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 141457

Previous poster said:
Oh s***, yep thats connected, just been out and fired her up with the switch in both positions and its loud on both settings.

Sounds like they haven't reconnected the vacuum tubes to the cans. Check the the vacuum tubes come back into the engine bay and are connected to the actuator via the Y-tube.

Do you want me to come over and have a look with you?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 141459

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back