Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

RSR Mufflers - fancy a deal?

kim hollamby

Paul Ricard
RSR mufflers. three months old, currently on my 1996 993 C2. If you want to come over to my house and swap your stock ones over and give me the same amount of cash as you would have given Gert (minus all the postage of course) then we could do a deal. I spent £180 getting the garage to put them on when I bought them and I don't fancy shelling out again, so if you're handy with a spanner and have a trolley jack...

The RSR's on my car are currently: Bischoff 993/S 06/09

The make and numbers on your existing mufflers would have to be the same apparently.

Gert's run out by the way and it's going to be a long wait...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 140335

How come you're getting rid Kim?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 140339

To be honest Andy, on a long trip and taking in Motorways I find them too boomy in the cabin. My eight-year old son says they're too loud for him in the back, too, so it's not just me getting old...

Zipping around the place, they''re great. Gert actually makes 'the next one down' which is an early RSR but not as loud. Unfortunatly he never knows when anything's coming in.

Anyone who wanted to come out in my car before we did the swop would be most welcome.

Nice wheels matey!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 140346

Kim,

This must be the first bad review of the rsr i've heard. Is it really that bad, ie annoying on a 5-6 hour motorway triP?

I'm scheduled with gert putting on the bischofs on my c2s in the next 2 weeks.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 140378

Don't let me put anyone off buying these from Gert please.

RSRs are fantastic sounding mufflers at a great price.

BUT...if you have a small passenger in the back, you may get some complaints. If it was just me, I'd probably keep them on.

My other car's a Jeep Grand Cherokee and it's as quiet as a mouse, so getting the family in the 993 is a bit of a change.

Go for them with Gert. You won't be disappointed I'm sure.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 140392

Sorry to hear this Kim.. They sounded so good on your car.

I had a set on my old 993, and loved them.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 140406

Hi Dan - yes they sound good alright. (not as good as your mad thing)

Guys, I've put this on PH and someone reckons the deal is too cheeky.

Maybe it is, so make an offer if you're interested. If I could fit them for you for free then I would, but I'm useless at anything mechanical. I'm not trying to get rich out of this, but I would like to get a bit back.
Cheers Kim

Migration info. Legacy thread was 140410

Not at all.. Your offering someone a set of RSR's which Gert has none in stock..

PH - :(

Migration info. Legacy thread was 140416

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Daniel on 09 May 2007
Not at all.. Your offering someone a set of RSR's which Gert has none in stock..
PH - :(

Exactly sir, supply and demand.

'ere I thought everyone on here was on PH as well? Not the case?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 140421

Find PH to abrasive for my taste :(

Migration info. Legacy thread was 140609

Kim, your deal is not cheeky at all. Someone will get a good deal and minimum fuss, assuming the buyer knows how to get their hands dirty.

For the record, I know where you are coming from with the passenger in the back. My 2 year old daughter is scared sh!tless of my 993, and I reckon it's the RSRs. The car is pure bliss on my own though!!

st, they are a must!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 140619

Thanks Asim - half the fun is taking my son out for rides in it. There's no point if he doesn't enjoy it.

Andy, I think I know what you mean about Abrasive.

By the way, if anyone's got a pair of standard boxes they'd like to sell, then I'd be up for it and I can keep the RSR's until my son can sit in the front!

Cheers, Kim

Migration info. Legacy thread was 140656

Kim, try Porsch-apart.co.uk or Jaz, or good ol' ebay!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 140663

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back