Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Any thoughts? ABS / 4WD warning

Fraser

If anyone can shed any light on this I'll be grateful.

Yesterday (and subsequently each time I start the car) all the idiot lights go off, then when I start moving the ABS and 4WD warning lights come on with an audible alarm. My rudimentary understanding is that the two systems are linked - any ideas / thoughts? The alarm isn't triggered when I'm stationary or reversing, just when I start to move off forward. My own guess would be ABS sensor or a loose wire - I'm taking it to my inde to have a butchers tomorrow - I don't think he has the Porsche "hammer" diagnostic tool.

Thanks in advance, Fraser

ps - my '68 is already there for an irritating rather than catastrophic oil leak, so looks like I may be back on the motorbike / bicycle this weekend 8)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 138574

Top, Justin - thankyou very much indeed.

A bit of reading ahead for me, I think.

Kind regards,

Fraser.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 138642

Hi,

Im having a similar problem to the one describe on the last topic

"For the

warning

lights coming on / staying on - they are quite sensitive to battery voltage so a poor battery may not be helping although if you're not at idle I would expect the alternator to be making up for it. However - when I first got my car I had the problem that these two lights would come on at startup and would not go off until I hit over 3000rpm. This was actually the clock (the one that tells the time). Replaced the clock and the problem went away. I'm not sure how you can check this without trying a new one - but it might be worth replacing the battery, checking the alternator output - and ideally borrowing a clock if you can find one close by."

Has any else experienced this or have any ideas how to fix? Im pretty certain its the clock unit that is faulty. Another symptom is that I get no seat belt warning light on start up, but all lights act normally once car has reached 3000 RPM (even when stationary).

Any help/suggestions much appreciated.

Car is 964 C4 1993

Thanks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 138665

The clock issue was reported in detail in a reader's letter in the may edition of 911&PW.

I'm so addicted now by the 964 that I read everything! :oops:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 139409

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Boxsey on 07 May 2007

The clock issue was reported in detail in a reader's letter in the may edition of 911&PW.

Steve - you need a holiday mate :lol:
welcome back.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 140085

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Fraser on 08 May 2007

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Boxsey on 07 May 2007

Steve - you need a holiday mate :lol:
welcome back.
I know :D
. That's where I read two months worth of 911&PW from cover to cover, last month's TopGear mag (nice article about the GT3RS by the hamster) and one of Clarkson's books!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 140117

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back