Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Zymol Weekend

Alex Bartman

Hi

After last weeks Stereo installation weekend - now its Zymol weekend ahead!!!

I'm planning the full works...Could someone clarify for me when in the process I should use the Zymol clay bar I have and also whether i break a bit off the clay so I can get several uses out of it - or is it a one-use bar???

As I simply could not afford the Zymol wheel cleaning stuff - what's the best, but less expensive option for a serious alloy cleaning?

As I have only 1 microwipe - can I use this for removing HD cleanse and then buffing up the final wax - hopefully thios will not be too much of a gap inbetween!?

And finally - is it worth spending the ££ on one of those Flash ionising wash filters - they attach to a hose and are supposed to really filter and ionise the water and eliminate the need for drying??

As I understand it - and I have the Zymol Glasuer starter kit - the process should be

1. Wash with Auto bathe

2. Dry

3. Clay

4. Rinse

5. HD Cleanse

6 Glasur wax

is that right??

Thnaks for help - quite looking forward to it - and to get the car looking better!

thx

AB

Migration info. Legacy thread was 138328

You've got the order of things right, but get yourself more than one microwipe because they tend to clog up quite quickly; they are not that expensive and you should be able to find some down at your nearest B&Q or similar.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 138335

Alex - process is right, but you need some more microwipes and a microfibre drying towell at least. THe HD Cleane microfibre will be quite dirty when finished and shouldn't ben used for waxing off.

If you get to B&Q the Etoille microfibres are good.

If you have a dark coloured car then the water filters are great - you st6ill need to dry, but you don't get water marks.

On the clay bar, get a small peice, about half the size of a marble andflatten it across index and second finger, do one panel and then throw it away if dirty and get another peice.

Good luck, it gets easier after a few go's.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 138336

I bought the Zymol artificial chamois for drying......should I still buy the Microfibre drying towel??

Migration info. Legacy thread was 138338

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Alex Bartman on 03 May 2007

I bought the Zymol artificial chamois for drying......should I still buy the Microfibre drying towel??
No - that will be fine, I just prefer using a mircrofibre or mircrofibre drying towel.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 138341

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Alex Bartman on 03 May 2007

I would - I have found all artificial chamois' to be sh1te!!

Try this place -
www.cleanandshiney.co.uk
- and get two of these "
MicroPak 24" x 36" Microfibre Drying Towel"

They are not cheap at £10 each but are fantastic for drying the car swiftly, with no abrasion.

As for your wheel cleaner, I use Meguiars All Wheel Cleaner - available at Halfrauds - its in a pink bottle - spray on and then jet wash off - real good stuff!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 138342

As clipstone says.......Meguiars Hot Rims all wheel cleaner.....simple to use, relatively cheap, and very good!......agitate with a brush, rinse off, job done!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 138348

Also try tesco for micro fibre clothes v cheap an ok, I use two for drying the car off, one to wipe away water, which I keep wringing out, and the other pretty much stays dry for that final dry finish.

I also bought a pack from Morrisons, value at 89p, but they are a tad too small.

You shouldn't use clothes for more than one purpose.

When you have cleaned your wheels, follow the same process as for the body work, clean, clay, clense, wax the come up super smooth and very shinny.

Best advice is just to take your time and do it properly.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 138369

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back