Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

bose or no bose

Vishal

I heard Bose set up on another Carrera 4S and IMHO it did not made a significant impression on quality of sound. What do others think?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 137825

well my bose was fab in the C4S that I had, and the subs behind the seats really finished it off, made a massive difference, it is the biggest single thing I miss from the old C4S which was a fab car.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 137835

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Vishal on 01 May 2007

I heard Bose set up on another Carrera 4S and IMHO it did not made a significant impression on quality of sound. What do others think?
That depends on whether you are comparing it to the Porsche Sound Pack or the standard speaker system. The Porsche sound pack is quite good and so there is less of a difference.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 137849

Hi,

Am I right in thinking the 996 4S comes with the upgraded sound pack as standard?

Therefore the Bose compared to that is not as significant. I am happy with the stock install in my 4S anyway. However the reason I did not want the Bose was to install an aftermarket sat nav making the Mostbus less of a problem.

Regards Alan.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 138000

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by alan sweeney on 02 May 2007

Hi,

Am I right in thinking the 996 4S comes with the upgraded sound pack as standard?
Yep it did.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 138016

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 01 May 2007
Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Vishal on 01 May 2007I heard Bose set up on another Carrera 4S and IMHO it did not made a significant impression on quality of sound. What do others think?
That depends on whether you are comparing it to the Porsche Sound Pack or the standard speaker system. The Porsche sound pack is quite good and so there is less of a difference.[/i:0Kg5hLbh5Q]

The Porsche Sound Pack isn't bad at all! I had it in my C4S. I just replaced the speakers for a 'far better than Bose' sound :wink:

Which was hardly surprising considering the speakers were upwards of £400!!!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 138267

It's on my C4S & I love it to bits.

The bin lids love it when we've got "Thunderstruck" by AC/DC on at full tilt !

Nige

Migration info. Legacy thread was 138289

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back