Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Pleased with GT3 Mods!!

rikki griffiths

Trainee
:)
OK heres the list & scoring:

- Switch to Toyos from Dunlop SSrs - 7/10 - worthwhile.
- Brake cooling scoops - 3/10 - might have made a 6 had one not been ripped off by manhole cover!
- Short shift kit - 7/10 - had these previously & getting used to it.
- H&R Suspension Upgrade - 9/10 - superb.
- Alcons (floating), 6 pots and pagids to front to replace stock - 8/10 - just great,& for first time Im confident of the brakes. marked down slightly as they do rattle over bumpy roads.
AND FINALLY
- Cup steering wheel - 10/10! For the money its top VFM on the feel good stakes.

So, overall delighted and recommend any of these, but if u want to treat yourself to a new bit at relatively small cost then order the wheel (I blame that Ade bloke who posts on here!!)

Now, Parr conversion or cargraphic exhaust & chip or.............

Migration info. Legacy thread was 136597

Well Done Rikki..

I have the brakes - short shift on mine... I also have the Cup air filter as well, which sounds very good.

Mine is off for a Stage 1 Geo next week..

(I do have a spare Cup Filter and pipe, should you require, PM me)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 136599

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Daniel on 27 April 2007
Well Done Rikki..
I have the brakes - short shift on mine... I also have the Cup air filter as well, which sounds very good.
Mine is off for a Stage 1 Geo next week..
(I do have a spare Cup Filter and pipe, should you require, PM me)

Cheers Dan - I did the cup filter last year!! :wink:
Another worthwhile VFM improvement. The only thing is that the pipe connector to intake works its way loose on mine after a good threaping. Perhaps I should use glue as well as the jubilee clip?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 136600

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Dunc on 27 April 2007
Hi Rikki,
So you got your H&R suspension set up then. I need you to remind of who does your geo as I've just bought a full set of mk2 suspension to freshen my car up and will need a geo / cornerweight afterwards.
Another mod for you :wink:
-
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Porsche-Factory-996-GT3-Cup-Exhaust_W0QQitemZ140111803021QQihZ004QQcategoryZ10408QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Morning Dunc _ wondered where you were!

Ive got work to do here and you post that - you sod. Ho hum, off we go into Ebay.......

Kenny Brown (Glasgow) - 0141 882 6757. Ex race driver, son now in top class m/sport. Knows Porsches and a lovely guy as well. Is going to teach me how to adjust suspension to fine tune - should be a laugh!

Next KH date - Friday 18th May.

Now, whats the db on that exhaust.....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 136604

I'd love to hear that thing poking out the middle of the bumper grrr!

18th May sounds good. Is it an all day or another evening?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 136607

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Dunc on 27 April 2007
I'd love to hear that thing poking out the middle of the bumper grrr!
18th May sounds good. Is it an all day or another evening?

I tell u what - u do it first and if its not noisier than concorde then I'll buy one as well grrrrr

Evening - 6 till 8.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 136608

I've still not tried the muffler bypass pipes Greig had for the car - I expect thunder when I do!

Might stick them on soon for a bit of fun!

Evening sounds good - who's organising it?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 136611

Dreadnought 01877 331099.

Son karting this Sunday if u r free for a coffee at the wheel?? weather looks good do will be in the 3

Migration info. Legacy thread was 136612

Dreadnought again, will get booked up.

Sorry, can't make Sun morning - will be unconscious after nightshift. Probably use the 3 to commute on the weekend though so i'll get home to bed quicker!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 136614

good one Rikki, that's pretyy much what needs doing.....

but really a 10/10 on the cup steering wheel !

do you also have an adjusted set up ?

Get it MANTHEY'ed !!!! not that is a conversion

and pics please !!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 136615

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 27 April 2007
good one Rikki, that's pretyy much what needs doing.....
but really a 10/10 on the cup steering wheel !
do you also have an adjusted set up ?
Get it MANTHEY'ed !!!! not that is a conversion
and pics please !!

Thanks Sundeep _ yep, the wheel has tickled my fancy! Feels great, looks dead racey & thoroughly recommended. Adrian got me started on this one & I think he rates it highly.

Yep - altered the geo as part of it all. Visibly see more negative camber all round - the grip is immense. Ive got it set up so its predictable ie I can drive to 100% of my ability & not the cars _ so Im having a hoot chucking it about.

Manthey?? Not sure? been speaking to Parr about their conversion which is being piloted at the mo. 400bhp, filter, remap, centre exhaust and new rear bumper. Price TBA but talk of £5500, which is a good bit cheaper than Manthey? Also, they are doing a "sleeve" affair that can bolt on easy to take the dbs down. What do u think?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 136618

Nice one Rikki. Glad you like the wheel.

Re noisy Alcons: did you buy second hand Alcons or did you buy new ones? The Alcons came in 2 versions: generation 1 and generation 2. The Gen1 versions were 350mm rattling floaters. The Gen2 versions (current versions sold) are 360mm anti-rattle floaters. The Gen2 versions are silent over all roads and offer stronger braking than the Gen1 versions due to their larger diameter/increased rotational torque. If you bought Gen2 versions and they rattle, then something is not right.

Parr or Manthey? Manthey has been proven and is all TUV approved. Not sure about the new developmental stuff that Parr are doing... In terms of quality of noise, nothing beats a Manthey K400 with Cup induction at the moment! (imho)

And Sundeep, I told you about the wheel months ago! You doubted me then... tut tut... :wink:
Keep up mate... :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 136665

Thanks Ade.

I bought the whole kit new from JZ? They rattle going over bumps, not in use. Hmmm - must get my guy & steve Mcha;e on a conf call.

Rikki

Migration info. Legacy thread was 136669

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 27 April 2007
Nice one Rikki. Glad you like the wheel.
Re noisy Alcons: did you buy second hand Alcons or did you buy new ones? The Alcons came in 2 versions: generation 1 and generation 2. The Gen1 versions were 350mm rattling floaters. The Gen2 versions (current versions sold) are 360mm anti-rattle floaters. The Gen2 versions are silent over all roads and offer stronger braking than the Gen1 versions due to their larger diameter/increased rotational torque. If you bought Gen2 versions and they rattle, then something is not right.
Parr or Manthey? Manthey has been proven and is all TUV approved. Not sure about the new developmental stuff that Parr are doing... In terms of quality of noise, nothing beats a Manthey K400 with Cup induction at the moment! (imho)
And Sundeep, I told you about the wheel months ago! You doubted me then... tut tut... :wink:
Keep up mate... :twisted:

Ade, do the 360mm Alcons fit without any spacers or modifications? A simple disc replacement is something I can quite easily do myself.

Re. The Steering Wheel, I get some 'pleasure' out of knowing there's an airbag in front of me :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 136674

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back