Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Trade Value Of A Early 996?

Diablo96

Can somebody please tell me what a 1998 R 996 Manual (Coupe) with 75K and full history books at, or what the trade are likely to pay for it?

I am looking to buy this car in exchange for my Boxster. A trader is offering me pittance for my car on account of having a very slim margin in his £23K 996.

Many thanks.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 134735

Around 18k I would guess possibly less

Migration info. Legacy thread was 134739

Really? Even though they retail at £23-25K?

Cheers.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 134741

Ive read recently of someone wjho was offered 18.5k for a similar age car and that was against a 50k TT at an OPC, would have been less for a cash deal

Migration info. Legacy thread was 134743

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Diablo96 on 22 April 2007

Really? Even though they retail at £23-25K?

Cheers.
what is the car in question ? if you have one

moving post to 996 forum

Migration info. Legacy thread was 134744

depends on colour and spec

and whether retail or trade, I assume you mean trade,

so if a bad colour and spec and no pex just trader to buy I would say approx £13k,

and if a good colour and spec and no purchase just trader to buy approx £15k,

retail add £5k

how the world works

Migration info. Legacy thread was 134763

£16K-£18K depending on what you are buying and spec of yours. Better to try and sell private. Someone would bite your arm off at £20K if it is a nice car.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 134770

I'm in that position and I've had such variance from £16 to £12 so naturally it depends against what. The worst was £16 against a £50K tt.. As you privately selling at £22K dealer £23-24K.. Plain fact is - there's a lot out there.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135017

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rob STEW on 23 April 2007

I'm in that position and I've had such variance from £16 to £12 so naturally it depends against what. The worst was £16 against a £50K tt.. As you privately selling at £22K dealer £23-24K.. Plain fact is - there's a lot out there.
You were actually bid £16K for your 1998?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135088

I sold a 996 C2 in silver, with metropole blue leather, to a dealer for £26k back in 2004, it had 74k miles on it,

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135089

Steady on guys...

A used car is worth what someone is prepared to pay for it... A lot of buyers (trade and retail) use this site and will base their p/x valuations on it:

I used to sell cars and used anything I could get my hands on in evidence to support my lowest offer p/x value! Salesperson kicking you in the nuts just has to say "if you look on 911UK you'll see.......... and that's from Porsche enthusiasts" Easy justification for stealing our cars off of us and putting all those of us that financed our 996s in negative equity!

Don't forget, there is also a thread on here with someone struggling to buy a decent 996 for £25k.

I have an 81,000 mile 996 C4 and I think it's worth well over £25k on the basis that there is no alternative out there that I would rather have that would cost me less. :)

Remeber: "Careless talk costs... " OK, only money in this case, but I for one am not made of it!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135209

YEP John Holland Cars Sheffield against a £50K tt my 98 C2 is mint, new discs & pads, new tyres, full OPC history.. They reckon they'd retail at £19999... They said Silver is not a good cpolour and Terracotta is not good and 78K is VERY hihj miles (for a 9 yr old car ??..) Needles to say they didn't get the deal..

Migration info. Legacy thread was 136119

I think they're off their rocker. Show me another one like that retailing at £19,999...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 136181

if you do an Autotrader search for 996's you will see quite a few between the prices of £18k - £23k, with that sort of mileage and history, private and trade sales, and those are selling prices,

almost all will deal and knock a bit off for no pex etc.

on a personal level I wouldnt pay more than £22k for a C2 1998, and that would have to be mint, with full history, and resonable mileage

Defo an oversupply out there for early 996's and the market reflects it,

this is also the case for Boxsters

Migration info. Legacy thread was 136191

I partially agree. The trade seem to sell these for £22K upwards. I have not seen one like that for sub £20K at a trader.

Don't get me wrong, I am looking to buy, so want to pay as little as possible...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 136195

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back