Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wheels Refurb - SE/London Area

PiersFox

Trainee
hi all,

for a 2002 996 TT standard wheels....

-where's the best place for wheel refurb in W london area?
-how does it work - do all wheels need to be sent to them etc? - i dont have
a spare set so wondering how everyone else does it!!
-Kerbing and bubbling paint is issue - what type of cost?

many thanks for your help!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133949

W London or SE London? If SE London, go to Lepsons in Gillingham Kent who refurb wheels for quite a few dealers and do a good job.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133983

Some places will collect the wheels - some will offer replacements - turn around can be up to 5 days usually - simple repainting can be done by a mobile service in a day. It all depends on what you're after.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133987

http://www.wheelrefurbishing.co.uk/

Came across these, they appear to be very good and its all they do. Cant personally recommend as I have not used but seems to be the kind of operation I would use in future.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 134001

Lepsons did an awesome job on my sportdesign wheels. £95 per corner, £100 if you leave the car overnight. All wicked wheels do is paint them. Lepsons, every time.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 134027

www.wheelrefurbishing
.co.uk used to be BJV engineering I believe and there were a few complaints from Mercedes owners who went there.

Wicked wheels do actually strip the wheels and powder coat but in my experience they can't do anything more complicated than a painted wheel to a decent standard. Split-rims are a no-no and I suggest Lepsons, Spit & Polish or Pristine do the work.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 134043

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by PiersFox on 20 April 2007

thanks all - i just want the kerbing removed and them painted to bring back to pristine standard. may try these guys http://www.wheelrefurbishing.co.uk/
I've used them three times now - very happy with the service, and price is unbeatable.

Jamie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 134274

Pristine much better than Spit n'Polish in my experience. I wouldn't use the latter again after they did a pretty poor job on a single alloy for me having done a reasonable job on a set of four - may just be luck who you get I suppose, but if they have quality controls it shouldn't matter.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 134767

Its essential they are done properly rather than just sprayed with paint that dries naturally in the air- this seems to be just a temporary repair as it wears off.

Some cowboy did a couple of the wheels on mine before it was delivered to me and I wish they hadn't bothered.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135050

Lepsons dismantle split rims, bead blast, paint, bake, and reassemble with new parts as necessary.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135070

my wheels have gone in to BJV (wheelrefurbishing.co.uk)... should get them back tomorrow/wednesday - will let you know how i get on....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135093

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back