Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New bits for new C2S

andy1496

Just bought this on EBay. Brand new never fitted short shift kit. Just waiting for a spare centre console to arrive (paid the princely sum of £27 :wink: ) then it's off to the local Indie to have the centre console colour coded and the short shift kit fitted.

I have a chap at porschapart looking out for a black sports multi-function steering wheel and some stainless steel sill protectors.

I don't suppose anyone has a photo of the sill protectors? I just want tgo make sure they're what I think they are before getting my hand in my pocket.

I am also thinking of having the revo software free 5hour demo. Anyone done that yet....any thoughts?

And no, I can't help tinkering :oops:

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/IMG_1368.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 132947

£27 for a short shifter !!!

Total bargain well done

As a bit of a fellow tinkerer <spelling?> what else are you planning on doing?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 132954

Brilliant! I have seen them offered on eBay for the 996 at similar prices. Wicked saving over an OPC I say.

~ Maxie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133002

OOPS. Sorry the short shift wasn't £27, the centre console was :oops:

I think I paid £100 for the short shifter, so I don't know whether that was too much of a bargain.

Ir eally can't justify the cost of the X51 power upgrade but am very curious about the REVO software upgrade. They do a free trial download onto the ECU that gives you approx 5 hours driving time before it reverts back to standard settings. Wondered if anybody had any experience of it.

I'm also still looking for pictures of the stainless steel sill guards. I can't find any and I've been offered a set for £200 but don't want to drive miles to find they're no bigger than the ones the car already has. I have already scuffed the panel with the bonnet and boot release levers getting in and out of the car :roll:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133022

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Flatsix on 16 April 2007

As a bit of a fellow tinkerer <spelling?> what else are you planning on doing?
I quite like those undercar neons and the led washer jet thingy's :p

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133024

Seriously though, The Dennison Gateway 500 and Ipod is the next mod. Once I can find someone to fit it.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133038

I've just had the Gateway 500 fitted and whilst it's good it's by no means perfect. You have to manipulate playlists to search songs easily and I can only get it to show track names on the first song you play. Sound quality is excellent though and worth it just to leave my iPod on shuffle and go through my song collection. If I want to listen to specific albums still easier to use MP3 CD. Let me know if you have more joy when you get yours fitted.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133104

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by andy1496 on 16 April 2007

Just bought this on EBay. Brand new never fitted short shift kit. Just waiting for a spare centre console to arrive (paid the princely sum of £27 :wink: ) then it's off to the local Indie to have the centre console colour coded and the short shift kit fitted.
I have a chap at porschapart looking out for a black sports multi-function steering wheel and some stainless steel sill protectors.
I don't suppose anyone has a photo of the sill protectors? I just want tgo make sure they're what I think they are before getting my hand in my pocket.
I am also thinking of having the revo software free 5hour demo. Anyone done that yet....any thoughts?

And no, I can't help tinkering :oops:

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/IMG_1368.jpg

Are you sure it's a short shift? It looks remarkably like a standard one to me :?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133107

looks like a juicer !

Sill Protectors are a must and look very classy !

REVO worth a go for sure.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133134

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 16 April 2007

Sill Protectors are a must and look very classy !
Don't suppose you have any images of these classy accessories? :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133142

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by damianc4s on 16 April 2007

Are you sure it's a short shift? It looks remarkably like a standard one to me :?

Oh no :?
Part no. is 997.424.933.00 (I think)

It feels like a shorter throw when I've been *ahem* playing with it :oops:

*UPDATE*

Found it :wink:
Panic over. It would appear from this link that it is indeed the factory short shift kit.

http://www.renntech.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=5003
Web link

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133144

not a greast pic but
997_interior-2-flashed.jpg

for the shifter, ring up an OPC parts dept and ask for the parts , prices and then part numbers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133149

My bad Sundeep. It's already got those :oops:

I saw some carbon ones for a 996 on a display area at OPC Solihull and they looked a lot bigger than those. Like they extended along the flat part of the sill and about 8-10" up the door shuts front and back.

I assumed the 997 ones would be something like that. I also assumed they would cover the little plastic 'bin' area adjacent to the n/s sill and the plastic panel that houses the bonnet and boot latches (leaving access slots obviously) on the o/s of the vehicle.

I've got it wrong obviously. Trust me to want a part that doesn't exist :p

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133188

i have the SS sill protectors, will PM you a picture. They are good.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133652

has anyone seen or have the DMS upgrade for a C2S. think it takes it up to 374BHP. write up on the Turbo with DMS looks amazing.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133653

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back