Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rear lighting - problems

Maxie

On the back of a 996, when you switch on the lights, how many panes (or bulbs) are suppose to illuminate? On mine its only two (one on either side) and its the smaller panes as well (the ones that double as brake lights too). However, I saw another 996 over the weekend and I noticed that he/she had 4 panes of lights on....the extra pair adjacent to the braking lights. Have my bulbs fused?

~ Maxie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 129536

Bump....anyone...........? :?

~ Maxie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 129606

Had a look at mine and there are indeed four lights, two on either side next to each other. The outside pair of lights are dimmer than the inside pair, to the extent I had to look hard to make sure they were actually lit up.

However, bear in mind mines a 4S- maybe the narrow-bodies have two lights?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 129769

Thanks for checking Robertb. Confirms what I initially thought. I don't think with your having a slightly different tailight design would warrant for the factory to change the wiring design or loom, but I stand to be corrected. Anyway, I have booked the car into the indy where I bought it from this Friday and they will check it out.

Stevo - sorry for being dim, but what does RTFM mean?

~ Maxie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 129820

ahhhh...right you are! lol. I didn't realise the manual would have info about how many bulbs should illuminate when you switch on the lights. :)

~ Maxie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 129839

My Audi A3 manual has complete instructions with pictures - shows the position and type and wattage of the bulbs and shows how to remove them. It also describes what the bulbs are used for - indicator, stop/rear and rear light.

If you turn them on in the dark you will be able to see how many are lit and to what level of brightness. :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 129867

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back