Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Hail *Ouch ouch ouch*

Mark Hobbs

In the 20 minutes I had to drive today I got pelted with hail the size of marbles (well, I am sure they were that big!!). End result? My zymol'd immaculate C2 now peppered with tiny dings in the lacquer....

Any good advice on how to get rid will be great.....failing that the name of a good therapist also welcome :?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 125860

I didnt have the protection of a car.....I now have dings in my head.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 125864

Shouldn't be any permanent damage surely, but G off of here (www.elitedetailing.co.uk) is the man to come and pamper her...should be done for the experiecne anyway.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 125865

bmi_SafeAddOnload(bmi_load,"bmi_orig_img");//-->
Sorry to hear that Mark, I thin our resident detailer might be abe to help you on this.

Hopefuly it is not too bad.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 125866

Thanks for the replies....seems to be small pin-prick type stuff but VERY annoying...a bit like following a gritting truck only worse :-(
G - do you visit Wokingham much?

- Mark

Migration info. Legacy thread was 125893

could be worse, my hail experience at the weekend resulted in an intimate meeting with a motorway barrier :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 126066

Got peppered myself on M6 yesterday around Stoke area and quite staggering lightening storm.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 126087

Sounds like a few of us suffered!!!

Of course, now I have to consider a respray as it looks like some of the strikes have gone down to the paintwork....Grrrrr

Very annoying as I don't think they can be buffed out and they are not really big enough to go straight into the paintshop.....will have to keep looking at the damaged paint for a while :-(
Jamie - did you get any damage to the paint?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 126123

Repainting after hail... could that be an Insurance job?

Luckily my 996 was safely tucked in the garage during the hailstorms... I haven't checked our other car which was outside at the time.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 126142

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back