Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anyone used Supertrapp exhaust silencers?

Following on from my post about the 98dB levels at Donnington I did some sound testing with a borrowed hand held meter. 996 C4 with PSE. Static test showed 95-98dB at 4500 rpm. Driveby showed 95-100dB with foot flat down at around 5000rpm coming past at about 70mph. I stood about 2 metres away for the driveby (probably too close to be fair and too dangerous as the missus was driving it!). Told this to the noise guy at Donnington as I am due to go on April 4th and he said because it may be borderline to get some 'clamp-on' Supertrapps fitted to guarantee entry.

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/products/ProductDetail.asp?cls=MSPORT&pcode=MSD344-1705

Has anybody fitted these to the oval tailpipes and are there any known problems like back pressure / overheating? Am I worrying too much as it's my first track day?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 124934

I would say worrying to much although donny are always a bit funny on such things

the product does work btw

Migration info. Legacy thread was 124950

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back