Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Speedart C4S strip Rear Panel?

Steve Conway

bmi_SafeAddOnload(bmi_load,"bmi_orig_img");//-->
Hello everybody, assistance needed. I have spotted a red strip panel on the Design 911 website and since I don't have a C4S, I would dearly love to have that red panel retrofitted.......but since my car is my baby, I wouldn't want to de-value it with something tacky. Has anybody fitted one of these panels before and were you happy/unhappy with its appearance. Sorry for the really girlie approach to this question.......

Regards

var SymRealOnLoad;
var SymRealOnUnload;
function SymOnUnload()
{
window.open = SymWinOpen;
if(SymRealOnUnload != null)
SymRealOnUnload();
}
function SymOnLoad()
{
if(SymRealOnLoad != null)
SymRealOnLoad();
window.open = SymRealWinOpen;
SymRealOnUnload = window.onunload;
window.onunload = SymOnUnload;
}
SymRealOnLoad = window.onload;
window.onload = SymOnLoad;
//-->

Migration info. Legacy thread was 124900

Don't be such a girlie then, buy and fit one then post some photo's.

I'm sure we will let you know if it looks tacky.

:wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 124915

I've also been interested in that strip a la C4S. I think the rump of the 993 looks so much better than the 996 rump largely because of that feature alone - makes the car look squat, somewhat phat and purposeful. Big mistake to lift that when the 996 came along methinks. Would love to see what it looks like on a 996 - perhaps a bit different to the C4S because the C4S (and the Turbo and GT2?) have different rear lights to the rest of teh 996 range.

~ Maxie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 124946

would a try as even without the rear lights on the C4S it would change the look....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 124960

Aye, I am definately a girlie. I think it will take a trip to Design 911 and stand looking at it for about 2 hours before I eventually decide. I'll let you know how I get on. Could be a while though!

I could always sell the wife and get a real C4S though!!!!!! :twisted:
Hah Haaaahhhh....plan hatching here.......

Migration info. Legacy thread was 125065

Looks good in the pics, but the only doubt I have is how it would fit on- it says stick on... the reflector is fitted onto the bottom of the the rear lid of the C4S (i.e. it is flush). It might look a bit odd if it sticks out proud of rear lights/rear lid.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 126150

Quite an observation that. I looked at the bonet lid of my car last night and I think as you say it would sit proud, not flush as part of the bodywork on the C4S. I want to take a ride through sometime, so I will take a look and see what it looks like, and post my review here.

Thanks all!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 126842

I've been thinking about this too. The only way I can see it being done properly is to replace the original tailights with the C4S lights and then stick the strip on. If not, then completely change the engine lid for a C4S item which will sit flush with the lights. :?
It's prohibitive for many of us I know but merely sticking the strip on in the first place will not make it flush as people have said above.

~ Maxie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 126927

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jons123
Back