Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New Porsche owner....

AlexW

Silverstone
Went to the OPC yesterday to test drive the Boxster and discuss trade in price for my car.....

Net result is that I have traded in my old car and have a deposit down on a new 2.7 Boxster!!

Really happy and hopefully soon to realise a childhood dream of owning a Porsche! :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 122201

Excellent news - when will delivery be?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 122208

did they take yer Corsa(was it?) as trade-in alright or were they a bit "snobby" about it?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 122212

I requested the delivery date to tie in with my 25th (1st November) so a little bit of a wait but they were fine with me getting the tracker etc put on it while they were holding it for me.

Took the Corsa without any problems. They guy phoned round the various dealerships and came up with £3,800 initially. Bartered him up to 4,400 which i was happy with as it needed a new tyre and various other bits and bobs no doubt which would of had to of been done before selling privately.

Must say they guy there has been top notch throughout. Totally different to what i saw my friend go though when he went to the Mercedes garage to look at a new car!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 122225

Good news Alex. Bit of time to wait but nice B-Day present!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 122234

It is a bit of a wait. I could of had it sooner but Insurance blah blah blah.....

Plus I've waited 20 years so I'm sure 7 1/2 months won't be too bad! :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 122266

Well done!

But of course you know that time will slow exponentially as November approaches...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 122274

Absolutely. I'm expecting October to be a very slow month!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 122294

Congrats, what is the spec? I can recommend PASM & Sports chrono.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 122455

Nice one...

I too am hoping for a Boxster on or before my birthday (September) I'm a wee bit older than you though.

What colour and spec have you gone for?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 122461

2.7 (no difference between that and the 3.2/4 according to almost everyone I've spoken to), going to go for midnight blue paint in the end. Was tempted by red but its a bit bright for my liking.

As for extras, not sure yet. Definates are partial leather seats and 18" wheels. Probably parking assist and heated seats and fiddling with the sound system.

Have you ordered yours yet Nicola?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 122479

Ooooo wont be new...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 122483

Ah fair enough. What are you on the look out for? anything in particular?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 122522

Good move Alex! My brother bought a Boxster S with a few options thrown in but in the end they 'forgot' to add the Xenons when he was speccing it up. He had sleepless nights in the days leading up to delivery!

~ Maxie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 124201

Hey Alex, you must have just got the Boxster now....hows it going?

I've been on and off the idea for about 5 years and still keep wimping it, experience of someone that's "gone for it" would be great to hear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back