Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

c4s convertible...

Oliver Giltrow

Trainee
porsche gave my dad the chance to test drive a 997 c4s convertible for 24 hours

the car was basalt black with terracotta interior and had loadsa options....first impressions....it feels perfect to be in a 911 again!!!!

and ooooooh it's alot quicker than our cayenne

absolutely enjoying having the car for the day and had lots of fun in it!!!!what a gr8 sound :)
its sooo addictive!!!! its also convinced my dad to get a 911 so hopefully in the next few months there will be a 996 turbo on the drive...fingers crossed

anyway the car is back with porsche now and i havn't forgot the experience and still have a huge smile lol

heres some pics of it....with my corsa poking in aswell lol

P1010716000000000.jpg

P101071800000.jpg

P101071700000.jpg

P1010715.jpg

P1010724.jpg

can't stop looking at the pictures lol

o by the way....last friday (23rd) was my birthday which i turned 17 and i took my theory and passed!!!!

i got 33 out of 35 on the actual questions and 55 out of 75 on hazard perception which i found very strange but was pleased that i passed!!!! so now i am learning to drive

ollie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 121514

Hi Ollie...

Well done on the theory.

Not too sure about the interior on the 997 though.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 121519

Belated happy birthday BTW :oops:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 121520

Eeerrrrrmmmm

Just realised Tara is older than you, She's 18 next month

Migration info. Legacy thread was 121521

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by nicola on 01 March 2007

Eeerrrrrmmmm

Just realised Tara is older than you, She's 18 next month
I have stains on my underwear older than Ollie :wink:

Well done for passing your theory. Happy motoring ahead. Will your Dad be insuring you on the 911 when he gets it? Be interesting to know how much that would cost :eek:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 121544

Congrats on passing the theory test. I also had a go in a 997 C4S and it was great! But the Turbo is awesome! Hope to see you in one soon.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 121559

thanks everyone :D

im attached to the autotrader website atm trying to convince him lol

doubt he'll insure me on the 911 as it would cost far too much but you never know.....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 121638

Congrats Oliver, but WHAt is that strange blue car on your drive? Looks like a Ligier?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 121640

haha!!!!

knew someone would ask!!!!!

my great grandad passed away in december and it was his car and before he passed away he gave us the task to sell it for him

its an Aixam 500 sl and is officially the slowest car on bristish roads with the top speed being 55mph. its a 2 cylinder 498cc diesel engine and is probably the noisiest car aswell....think of a petrol lawnmower but 3 times louder lol.....o and its proving reli hard to sell

Migration info. Legacy thread was 121646

sorry to hear about your G G'dad :(
- if i was your Dad i'd make you drive it for a year or two :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 121653

Hi Ollie - how is the Cayenne BTW? I've just put mine up for sale after a year from new.

Tell your dad to finance his new 911 through me and I'll chuck you fifty quid if he deals! Point him in the direction of the Insurance and Finance forum for details / testimonials.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 121655

Well done on the theory, I doubt I could pass that these days

Migration info. Legacy thread was 121657

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Fuchs on 02 March 2007

sorry to hear about your G G'dad :(
- if i was your Dad i'd make you drive it for a year or two :wink:
NO NO NO

we do have many jokes about it....its reli dangerous aswell because all the panels are plastic

Migration info. Legacy thread was 121664

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by JamieG on 02 March 2007

Hi Ollie - how is the Cayenne BTW? I've just put mine up for sale after a year from new.

Tell your dad to finance his new 911 through me and I'll chuck you fifty quid if he deals! Point him in the direction of the Insurance and Finance forum for details / testimonials.

thanks buddy

i will keep that in mind and let him know but usually its done through porsche

the Cayenne is still going strong and still enjoying the noise of it...even though its not a true porsche noise...would love to keep it and get a 911 aswell but that would just be greedy lol

Migration info. Legacy thread was 121667

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Oliver Giltrow on 02 March 2007

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by JamieG on 02 March 2007

thanks buddy

i will keep that in mind and let him know but usually its done through porsche
ah, I'm much cheaper than them. Will save him money and bung you a fifty good deal methinks!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 121674

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back