Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

painting my brake calipers............

Will G-J

Nurburgring
.....red, of course

What are your guys views on such a thing?

Chav like mod - pretending they're something they're not or subtle mod to improve aesthetics without shelling out for new calipers?

Also how would I go about It. I wouldnt mind masking them off and doing it myself but as the cars going to be in having suspension done anyway I may as well have them taken off and done properly.

Will a body shop be able to do it or should i send them to a proper poweder coater?

W

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120430

a bit chavvy IMO,unless of course they are "big-reds" that have corroded with age,I painted the calipers on my Corrado black purely to make them look fresher,a lot of ppl would have painted them red too but I thought what was the point,they aint Brembo's afterall

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120432

worth doing as that's what is on the Porsche

note, copied by everyone else

proper powder coating if you can but DIY efforts are fine although from DIY they can loose their colour from heavy track use

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120437

I think Poon had it done to his old C2's caliper. If it's done, properly then it'll look alright, but the last thing you'd want is half peelng half fading calipers after a few trackdays!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120446

Funny this - I just got a quote to have calipers stripped and properly powder coated with the correct Porsche decals applied. About £80 each for a proper job.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120452

I'm with Rodders, red for the Big Reds.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120460

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/Targa14a(1).gif

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120472

Sunny, you had neon calipers?!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120475

I think it looks great and a cheap mod to freshen up this area of your car, i got mine done for £40 and supplied the porsche decals myself they cost around £6.

Who cares on whether your calipers are" Big Reds ", if the job is done properly it looks great and is very pleasing on the eye especially with a good condition clean set of alloys, if you fancy getting it done then i say do it .

Regards Walt

993 C2 Cab

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120480

Walt/ Ocean where abouts are you/did you get yours done?

9m will do them, and by the looks of the ones i saw today do them very well but for £125 per caliper!

This does include a full recondition of each caliper mind.

W

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120634

how about a group order somewhere to maybe get a discout?

Anyone else?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 121239

I got mine done by a local back street garage in Stoke on Trent that was reccomended by one of my Tipec mates after he got his done there, £40 all 4 rubbed down and painted and that was him supplying the caliper special paint i supplied the decals myself £6 nd he fitted them. to be fair he done a great job removed the wheels very carefully which i liked, seemed to respect the fact that our motors are worth a few bob.

If buzzing your car down the m6 aint a problem i can pm you his number if you like

Regards Walt

993 c2 cab

Migration info. Legacy thread was 121249

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by walt mcdermott on 26 February 2007

"I think it looks great and a cheap mod to freshen up this area of your car............."
Why do most people ignore the brake hubs where the wheels mount ?

I've seen many Big Reds, Chrome rims etc, etc let down by rusty or dirty hubs.

First job I always do on a 'new' car is to whip the wheels off and solvo-autosol around there and the inside of the wheels. Once done, normal washing seems to keep them clean. I even painted them on my 993 in the correct silvery grey!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 121276

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back