Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What pos should my FQS switch be in?

Jon Wright

Hi Everyone,

To cut a long story short, I was storing my car in a mates garage while I repaired the roof. Unfortunatly (I now know) his garage leaks bad and several gallons of water went into the car :(

So to dry off the Motronic I took it indoors and opened it up. While in there I noticed the rotary FQS switch was at position 4, according to this site
http://www.911chips.com/fuelsys.html
that is Ignition correction -2.79 degrees, which I think is the default setting in Europe?

So my question is, should we still be keeping this switch at pos 4? Are fuels in the UK still the same as when the cars were configured in the 80's? Would there be any advantage / disadvantage of putting the switch back to the rest-of-world position 0?

Thanks,

Jon

Migration info. Legacy thread was 118580

ROW had lower octane fuel - so why would you change (retard) the ignition which would give worse performance and economy?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 118594

Ah ok if its already in the optimum position then I will leave it where it is, just thought it was best to check. Thanks John.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 118614

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
911tt1
Back