Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wanted - 993 foglamp

clipstone

Bit of a random request this, but just wondering if anyone had an old 993 foglamp lying round that they don't want?

Condition not important as I am looking at spraying the inside of mine, and want a scrapper to practice on before taking the knife to mine so to speak!

If anyone can help, that would be great :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 118518

Got a n/s one cracked lens etc was going in the bin if you want it for the postage costs or collect it from s.yorks. cheers Mike.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 126331

Mike you are a star just what I am after ...

If you could PM me with your address so I can sling you a cheque over, or Paypal details if that is easier and we can take it from there.

Winner - forgot I had even posted this!!

Cheers mate 8)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 126401

Are you going to try the chrome spray paint thing?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 126409

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by smtk on 21 March 2007

Are you going to try the chrome spray paint thing?

Thats the idea - did you do it in the end?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 126412

well i was going to sell the car but now i'm going to keep it. So some time in the future i'll be looking to give it a go

Migration info. Legacy thread was 126431

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by smtk on 21 March 2007

well i was going to sell the car but now i'm going to keep it. So some time in the future i'll be looking to give it a go
Good choice - I was gutted that you were considering selling the tt and I did not have the cash to buy it!!

What changed your mind?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 126472

On balance i didnt want to sell my TT (its too nice) and the money saved could be put towards a real nice looking track car.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 126475

any news?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 127568

Just sorting out postage with Mike - must admit I am glad I will have a spare to try this out on - my DIY skills are limited at best so the thought of ballsing up one of the fogs on my car without giving this a trial run were a bit worrying!

Still, I suppose if I had of wrecked them, it would of at least justified the £200 cost to replace!

Going on the basis that if I cannot get it right with Mike's spare, I will not bother trying on the actual fogs and either stump up for a pair of new ones, or possibly go for the turbo s duct/light as is here:

http://www.carnewal-europe.com/cpx/p93014.jpg

Will let you know how it goes ...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 127842

Got a new kit of the fog and ducts but didn't fit them as I bought a pair of new fogs instead if anybody interested I think I paid around £120 last year.

Mike.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 128645

bump so dont keep us all waiting

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130704

Well been a bit of a delay - package arrived yesterday - I thought it was the lamp, but turned out to be a leather cover for the roof on an MGF ... looks like Mike may have labelled the packets wrong... not sure the guy with the MG will be too impressed with an old light from a 993 (although prob still worth more than the rest of his car!!).

Anyway, just waiting for an e-mail from Mike as to how to sort it all out ... will keep you posted.

My DIY Porsche weekend is off to a sh1te start - no foglamp, so I thought I'd chuck my new wheels on - 2 hours waxing them in readiness - came to pull the first wheel off this afternoon, and one of the wheel nuts is completely round :eek:

Hopefully will able to get it sorted tomorrow am but god knows how much that is going to cost - just hope the hub is not fcuked in the process :(

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130781

i might order some of the chrome paint and test it on the back of the fog light (same plastic i think).

I read somewhere the fog lens is actually glued not clipped on this could be a headache

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130791

For a rounded nut, try and hammer on a slightly smaller socket, usually works well

sam

Migration info. Legacy thread was 131441

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back