Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996tt exhausts

Dave

Portimao
With all the threads going on about PSE's I am beginning to realise how much I am missing the roar of the Pink Peril. I want to change the exhaust on the tt to give it more bark, a remap may also be on the cards.

I know there are a few 996tt owners on the forum now and I was wondering if any of you had changed the exhaust system. If so, what did you put on and what do you think of it.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 117979

Not got a 996TT mores the pity, but my 2p-

Tubi do an exhaust for the 996TT... if my experience with my 355 is anything to go by, it will sound amazing at full chat, be great quality, but may boom and annoy when you are cruising. However, the guys that sell them, Scuderia Systems, are lovely blokes and will probably arrange for a demo in a car with it fitted so you can hear for yourself. They also offered a 1 month free trial on your car with the 355 system. The only problem was, I spent that month hurtling about enjoying the noise, and it was only after a couple of months I realised the low rev cruising booooom was a real pain. But the 996 one may be entirely different.

Do Milltek do one? They seem like a decent lot.

Finally, try Ruf- they did a switchable exhaust for the 993, maybe they've done one for the 996TT?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 117983

Good Man Dave..

Migration info. Legacy thread was 117984

Robert Thanks for that.

I called Scuderia about the Tubi system and had a long chat with them. System is guaranteed for life, if I don't like it they will put the old one back on and refund all of my money. It will not affect the OPC warranty and apparently it sounds the dogs danglies. BHP increase with new air filter 20 -25. Would also work well with any future remap I might do particularly if Weltmeister (?) do it.

Obviously quite a sales pitch but am sorely tempted. Price inc VAT £2867.00

Migration info. Legacy thread was 118002

You know you want to.... :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 118139

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by nicola on 16 February 2007

You know you want to.... :twisted:
Cheaper than the X50 pack was when specing a new car.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 118196

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Dave on 16 February 2007

I know there are a few 996tt owners on the forum now and I was wondering if any of you had changed the exhaust system. If so, what did you put on and what do you think of it.
Not yet but will watch this thread with interest. I need to earn a few more brownie points after buying the car before ordering large expensive boxes (and I did promise not to play with this car :oops: )...but you could just ask if there was a reasonable discount for 2 systems :wink:

I do like the idea of a switchable exhaust for the TT ... it is clearly a must have for the NA models but have not seen one for the TT.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 118218

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back