Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

ClubSport -V's- Comfort (GT3 MK1)

Daniel

I was reading some thing on another fourm :oops:
, and it was saying the Clubsport MK1 GT3 will be more collectable than the Comfort Spec... (as they were made in less numbers !!)

Whats the difference's in the cars ? I have seen many MK1's with Roll Cages, but read the CS was the only one with the Cage ??

Calling Ade !!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116361

Here you go...

clicky link

:)

Mk1s are rare, so buy on condition. The mechanical differences between the two boil down to the LWF. But several Comforts have the LWF installed come clutch replacement time, so the difference is negligible.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116372

CS just a little bit keener than the comfort with slight performance gains realised by the LWF and a more racey feel with the nomex, cage, fire extinguisher etc.. In my opinion, if you want a cage and lwf buy a CS as to fit them to a comfort would cost more than the difference to buy factory std. They currently trade with approx. £2k difference. The clubbie's lwf sounds really noticable at idle (very chuntery) and the revs increase / fall is noticeably quicker than a comfort.

On previous incarnations of performace Porsches the CS (or equivalent) are now held in higher regard - look at 993 GT2 and RS. I believe that the mk1 GT3 will go the same way with only 28 examples.

The above are my genuine thoughts though i am party to a slightly biased opinion as a mk1 GT3 owner!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116377

the big difference which warranted the historical premium in Clubsports, imho, in the 964 and 993 is that the 964 and 993 Clubsports had the cage welded in which improved structural rigidity by a noticeable margin.

All GT3s, however, CS spec or not, only have a bolt in cage as the extra strength is provided by the modified C4 shell which is seam welded in places.

I think the "CS" badge was significantly diluted by the 996, and even more so in the 997 where CS only denotes aesthetic differences - none mechanical.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116392

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 11 February 2007

the big difference which warranted the historical premium in Clubsports, imho, in the 964 and 993 is that the 964 and 993 Clubsports had the cage welded in which improved structural rigidity by a noticeable margin.All GT3s, however, CS spec or not, only have a bolt in cage as the extra strength is provided by the modified C4 shell which is seam welded in places.I think the "CS" badge was significantly diluted by the 996, and even more so in the 997 where CS only denotes aesthetic differences - none mechanical.
I would proffer that the 996 mk2 CS has but aesthetic differences from its comfort equivalent. The mk1, however, has mechanical, electrical and interior differences which, in addition to its small production numbers, provide it with a tangible collectors appeal over its comfort equivalent.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116403

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 11 February 2007

I think the "CS" badge was significantly diluted by the 996, and even more so in the 997 where CS only denotes aesthetic differences - none mechanical.
Oh ! :evil:

CS or not it was Stuttgart born as a CS :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116404

The best advice for any buyer of a Mk1 is that they MUST buy on condition. ALL Mk1s are rare (certainly the RHD), and to spend a premium on a Mk1 CS which is in poorer condition than a well maintained Comfort is foolish... just IMHO!!! :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116443

It was just something I was reading, and also read the GT3 buyers guide in last months mag.

Anyone know what the colour split was ? Comfort & CS

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116446

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Daniel on 12 February 2007

It was just something I was reading, and also read the GT3 buyers guide in last months mag.

Anyone know what the colour split was ? Comfort & CS
That's the tricky part! 28 clubsports in various colours. Some can be determined through knowledge such as the only cobalt blue mk1 is a CS. I think that the only green one is a CS too. I know of at least three red CSs and theree are a number of silvers, at least one yellow and at least one Zanzibar CS (hopefully only one!)

That's at least 8 in colour breakdown - it's hard to get a definitive list!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116451

Here's a potential calculation if everyone chips in with what they know and update the following.

mod edit >> the numbers below reflect the TOTAL UK RHD Mk1 GT3 production by colour (confirmed). With regards to getting an accurate split of colour by variant, we are awaiting confirmation from Porsche.

996 GT3 MK1 Colours
Arctic Silver
Speed Yellow
Guards Red
Black
Zanzibar
Iris Blue
Polar Silver
Biarritz White
Cobalt Blue
Ocean Blue
Forest Green
Blue Metallic (Renault Blue)
Rubystone
Blue Turquoise
Total:

The knowledge i've used is that there've been 2 arctic CSs for sale recently, i've seen a SY CS at Edinburgh OPC, there are 2 red CSs in Scotland and the one that was for sale at OPC recently, i remember a black CS for sale a while back, i've got a Zanzibar CS, the cobalt one is well known, the green one i've heard had cage etc.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116453

So all had the Recaro 'bucket' seats.. ??

The Cage can be bought and bolted in ?

So the CS had what else (apart from engine upgrades) ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116457

There are bound to be some mk1 comforts with sort seats in. You can still buy a techquipment cage to fit into a comfort, think its rear only and has fewer beams.

Specific mk1 clubsport differences from comfort are lightened fly wheel, nomex covered buckets, full roll cage (front section removeable), floor mounted fire extinguisher, battery cut out switch on centre console and toggle on wing, side airbags deleted.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116462

It is unlikely that the readership of this forum will be able to complete the table to gain an accurate/factual statement of numbers produced.

Given the overall rarity of the Mk1, I suggest that we do not post up incomplete/inaccurate numbers which could start distorting the market.

If someone has confirmed numbers from Porsche, then these can be posted up no problem.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116464

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Dunc on 12 February 2007

There are bound to be some mk1 comforts with sort seats in. ?

Specific mk1 clubsport differences from comfort are lightened fly wheel, nomex covered buckets, full roll cage (front section removeable), floor mounted fire extinguisher, battery cut out switch on centre console and toggle on wing, side airbags deleted.
So not all MK1's have 'Bucket' seats ? and this wing thing ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116467

Dont see the harm tbh but thought i'd get closer than the 10 i definately know of. Was only trying to answer Dan's question with a bit of fact not 'distort' the market.

LOL, if only i had that power <drevilvoice> muhahahahahahaaaaaa!

Just a spot of fun / curiosity!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116468

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back