Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Langka Chip Repair

Carrera

Banned
On my newly purchsed 993RS, there are 2 noticable stone chips, and many barely visbly smaller ones, most are not visible unless you get real close.

The car is over 10 yrs old so a few stone chips is inevitable. In fact I'm surprised it doesn't have more considering it's been >9yrs since it had a respray.

I needed to do something about them before I take it to Paintshield, so I got hold of some touch up paint and the Langka polish.

http://www.langka.com/

http://www.frost.co.uk/item_Detail.asp?productID=8221&frostProductName=Langka%20Chip%20Repair

I wasn't too optimistic to begin with, thinking it'll either not work at all, or I'll have to be spending hrs applying it. So I tried a bit on the spd yellow bucket seatback as an experiment.

Well, it worked very well, each blob took less than a minute or so polishing, and the surrounding pain wasn't affected at all.

Moving on to the car's front end, most of the chips are now invisible unless you look real close and know where they were. Some needed repeated touch up to build up the depth but over all, it woks amazingly well.

Thumbs up for the stuff!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116316

Cheers for that - always usful to know what works.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116339

I think langka is definitely a case of learned technique!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116348

I've used it for over three years now and I have to say that it can be a bit 'hit and miss' with metallic two-pack colours.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116350

Not sure about metallic colours, but on solid yellow it works, each time every time, from the first time. I can imagine metallics are going to be difficult to match colours.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116370

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Butzi on 11 February 2007
Not sure about metallic colours, but on solid yellow it works, each time every time, from the first time. I can imagine metallics are going to be difficult to match colours.

Spot on....no pun intended! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116371

i just ordered some and some metal polish

I'll report how it goes

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116373

Previous poster said:

bring it to Oulton in March and you can do mine

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116379

Yikes, metallic orange could test its mettle!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116382

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 11 February 2007

How can I do the chips when the whole front end has been covered with Paintshield!! Dumdum!!! :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116390

Previous poster said:

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 11 February 2007

How can I do the chips when the whole front end has been covered with Paintshield!! Dumdum!!! :twisted:

because there was already a tiny chip on the lower section that the shield isnt covering !!! !!!!

comments like that will mean no mercy on trackdays :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116408

I've been using the Langka on an Iris Blue car with complete success - cant even find the bits I have done!. Not so good on a modern VW or a friend's light silver Merc but for some reason the OPC touch up seems to have the exact amount of metallic flake in it to achieve near perfection whereas the modern cars I've tried it on all suffered from the loss of the metallic element which seemed to be drawn to the surface and consequently was rubbed awaydoing the "process"

Migration info. Legacy thread was 116419

What kinda cloth should i be using?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 118025

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by smtk on 16 February 2007
What kinda cloth should i be using?

Smooth as possible, tight-weave old t-shirt style, anything too rough will remove too much new paint or even the whole repair.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 118037

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back