Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

My new car - JG07 + More Pics

Jamie_G

2:32AM and back from Nottingham OPC via Old Trafford (compliments of Dave Maguire of Nottingham OPC).

Dave took me out for a test drive which was exhilirating (if that's how you spell it) aside from a twitchy moment coming out of a roundabout, bad lane selection where a combination of not knowing the road and to be honest the car, i thought I was going to lose it. I dare say, had the PSM been switched off I would certainly not be welcome back in Nottingham for a while.

I had a major change of heart on the colour - Atlas Grey in the flesh just wasn't for me. I have ordered a C2S, Meteor Grey, Black Leather. Turbo wheels. Park Assist. Sport Chrono Pack Plus. Sports Exhaust. Sports Seats. Heated Seats. Multi Func. steering wheel. Navigation & Telephone. BOSE. Tracking System. Rear section centre console in ext. colour.

I will be taking delivery of my 07 car late March, which I am really looking forward to. I am going to cancel my 24 hour test drive so that I don't spoil the experience. I still have to sell the Cayenne which I am doing privately however will get rid of my sig pic as soon as I can get an 'Artists impression' of the new motor within Admins pic size limit.

I can heartily recommend Dave Maguire at Nottingham, he has been brilliant through the whole process and most importantly for me hasn't been pushy allowing me to feel comfortable in proceeding without usual salesman pressure etc.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113793

Fantastic... You will love it.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113794

Dave Maguire will take you Hooters for lunch if you buy a car from him :D
!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113795

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by JamieG on 01 February 2007

I had a major change of heart on the colour - Atlas Grey in the flesh just wasn't for me. I have ordered a C2S, Meteor Grey,
Nice choice :lol:
- I find Atlas Grey a little cold/flat. The Meteor Grey has a bit more warmth to it and contrasts a little more with the black leather interior.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113814

congrats, great car! And March not too far at all....tick tock...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113817

Nice one Jamie! But why Nottingham ? :D

BTW, went and had a look a Coupe on Tuesday. Quite impressed but haven't road tested one as yet. What engine is yours? More confuised than ever now because if the cab is going to be much the same, it will be a nice car (but still heavy!).

Oh dear ...... :?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113818

Previous poster said:

2:32AM and back from Nottingham OPC via Old Trafford
tell Dave I'm coming up for a test drive and I've got this route that takes us back via the Adenau Forest :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113835

I chose Nottingham for various reasons but ultimately Dave wanted the business, actually accomodated my needs as opposed to applying pressure and did the right deal. And it's nice to keep things within the forum.

The C2S is , is ...... hang on, I'll get the brochure...... 3.8 litre flat-six. 355 bhp (no Dave I don't feel inferior) 0-60 4.8 and top speed 182mph.

I originally liked the Atlas Grey based on web 'Build your Porsche' programme however in the flesh it was too bluey/grey for me. They had a C4S coupe in the showroom in Meteor Grey with Turbo wheels and it looked awesome.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113840

Mr Admin - how do you fancy taking a day off work and driving me up on collection day :lol:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113843

Previous poster said:

Mr Admin - how do you fancy taking a day off work and driving me up on collection day :lol:
of course fella, yellow mini cab at the ready, just let me know when

will be good to also meet Dave

regards

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113847

Personally love the C2S. Just felt right. Would go the the short-shift though.

Oh and flip, b-i-l wants to sell his 535d now ....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113854

I thought about the sports shifter and have driven a demo with it however quite like the normal transmission. I hope this isn't a mistake when I come to sell given that I have all the other 'Sports' bits on it??????? Too late now!

b - i - l ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113858

Jamie - I am glad you changed your mind about the Atlas - its nice just not as nice as Meteor!

Meanwhile, you can add the sports shifter later - its not that expensive, its probably better to add it on after the 2000 miles running in period is up.

Congrats! Can't wait to see the snaps of it too!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113865

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by JamieG on 01 February
b - i - l ?
My guess is brother in law - can i get a prize, at least for speed?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113866

Excellent news on the sports-shifter. I did worry if i had made a terminal mistake on that.

I've had loads of different view on the Turbo wheels which seems to be 50/50 split between - good move and very bad move as not appropriate for the car. when it came to it they just looked so much better than the others, especially with Meteor Grey.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113868

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back