Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 New Modified Exhaust Today

Tiptronic

Banned
Will be putting, my personally supervised and modded back boxes from My C4S on the GT3 today,

May work, may fail, will post later with results, it will be interesting.

If it works, and it is being dynod on Sat, then it will be one of the cheapest and best mods you can do to your 996, and if not, cost me very little to try as I had the boxes sat there doing nowt, and the fabricators did the job as a favour.

Wish me luck, I am quite exicted.

Please note, this mod for me was not about saving money, but not spending it without good reason.

I am not looking for improvement in power only in the exhaust noise

Toodle Pip :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113594

Ooh er, I always thought that the GT3 sounded pretty damn meaty as it was, well all the ones I have seen anyway.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113597

the noise is all engine, which when reving is fab,

i want the classic 911 noise like a pse,

listen to ades manthay, sexuall

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113605

good luck, it certainly sounded good on the C4S

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113610

Let us know how you get on!

Any chance of a before and after soundclip should it be succesfull?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113612

sexual healing... ooh yeah baby... sexual healing...

look forward to hearing the results Daz. will be interesting to see what the impact is on the dyno! (any chance of bringing them with you and doing a dyno run before/after installation - should be possible to swap them at Allan's place?)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113616

Fraid not Ade, no where to put the damn boxes, and keep the car clean etc,

if the dyno is at the wheels what should I expect as standard?

it wont be the 381hp quoted, as that is at the engine isnt it.

Sound clips, fraid not, you will have to trust me on it if it works, however I might be able to do sound clips after, didnt think about it tbh.

The mod is just a bybass pipe, between the actuall silencer, real easy half our job once the boxes are off for most fabricators

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113625

Hope if works Daz - definately worth a try.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113644

dont forget to take pictures every step of the way :)

and daz are you still coming to the ACE cafe tonight?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113656

Struggling on that one Simon, would love to,

but a long way and away on the weekend,

so probably not, wish I was though.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113658

Daz You ***** :(

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113663

ok exhaust on,

noticeable difference in sound, esp when engine cold, though not as marked a difference as there was between the C4S, before and after.

With regards power, the car would seem slightly less restricted than before, which should be the case, feels slightly, and I say slightly more powerful, though the dyno on the weekend will tell me,

anything above 340 hp at the wheels, (not the flywheel) will be a very good result.

fitting, cost me £200 with new clamps, only problem was the old mounting had to be reomoved from the GT3 boxes and put on the modded prev C4S box, other than that they are identical.

Is it worth it, mmmmmm

I would have to try the ebay exhaust on it first, to see the difference in noise, and then make a judgement, for me yes, because I had the boxes anyway.

with the ebay boxes only £250, then I would say that is the way to go, wouldnt surprise me if the ebay boxes are slightly different inside to the standard boxes, as well as the bybass pipe on the outside.

Bear in mind that the engine noise on a GT3 is very loud, and that makes a difference, next I think should be a bigger air induction, that should help some more.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113701

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 31 January 2007

Bear in mind that the engine noise on a GT3 is very loud, and that makes a difference, next I think should be a bigger air induction, that should help some more.
Wonder if Manthey sell just the moulded cold air intake for the cup filter set up? Ade?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113705

£500 - yikes! What price to pay for induction roar and carbon fibre (does look awesome though)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 113796

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back