Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

new battery

nic_

Banned
I bet it's been done to death, but I'm being really lazy and can't be bothered to do a search.

Anyway my question is does any one have any recommendations for a new battery, and can I just pop along to my local Halfrauds and buy one off the shelf?

The car will get used weekly in the summer, but hardly ever in the winter, but I do have a trickle charge thingy whatsit!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112504

Think the Bosch Silver ones are the ones to go for; Stevo will no doubt be along shortly to confirm or otherwise :D

I need a new one as well. :(
My car has eaten it's battery to the extent that not only has the clock stopped, but I can't even start it using the 4x4. Beats me why we love the wretched things sometimes :evil:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112521

just been doing some ringing round myself. an artical in the pcgb mag saya the best battery is a bosch 570901076 that is for a 993.its suposed to hold charge much longer . if it fits your car the best price i found was 101 pounds plus vat from andrew page, ouch

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112527

I would second bosch silver, my sc has a batttery disconnect terminal & I simply unscrew this when I leave the car for any period of time (the only down side is having to retune the radio presets). Its off the road for winter and normally starts again in spring without any fuss or mess on with the battery.

Costco used to stock bosch batteries at good prices.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112539

Had a Bosch silver before...

A mate with a TVR swears by halfrauds own as they come with a 3 or 4 year warranty and as he's like me and only uses his car for 6 months a year he just takes it back when it dies and gets a brand new one in exchange!

anyone know anything more about that?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112540

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Richard3 on 27 January 2007

my sc has a batttery disconnect terminal & I simply unscrew this when I leave the car for any period of time (the only down side is having to retune the radio presets).
Doesn't doing this cause problems with the ECU?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112879

No problems at all with the sc, had the car four years and done this every winter.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112885

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Richard3 on 29 January 2007

No problems at all with the sc, had the car four years and done this every winter.
Any comments from anyone with a later model 911 on this point?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112889

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back