Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 for Jamie G

Jamie_G

Thanks for all your comments a couple of days ago. After some further thought, I have decided that a C2S is the way to go. I checked in with CAP/Glasses valuers and the residual %'s are indeed higher on the 2S. Added to value for money, I also understand that the C2S has more options for car seats and buggies. I have checked with my insurers and I can live with the premium despite addition on 3 points last week.

So, what exactly to buy? I know some of you favour used however as I would probably only buy from an OPC I don't get any real value from second hand aside from lead time. I personally don't want to spend say £10K less to get a 2 year old car, not to my spec and with 10,000 miles on the clock. I understand a lot about financing cars however mechanics / maintenance scare the ***** out of me. I have never actually cleaned a car in my adult life either.

This leaves me in the situation that I am now ready to commit to a purchase by placing a new order however like the fact that I will be a little while off delivery as I have a Christening to pay for, an extension to build and some X-mas credit card bills to clean up.

I have drafted up a spec that I am happy with and would welcome some genuine opinions, relevent to my circumstances which are:

I like to move quickly but never drive quick at the higher level (licence retention tactics).

I am not likely to be a serious tracker, I might give it a go in my car but would probably prefer to use someone elses :twisted:

Needs to have an element of practability as this will be my primary use car/ second household car (the wife won't let me keep the BMW as well).

Looks are everything.

So my suggested spec:

New 997 Carrera S, Manual. Atlas Grey Metallic. Black Leather Interior.Porsche Vehicle Tracking System. Navigation for PCM + Telephone Module.Bose + CD 6 changer (or IPOD interface/non OPC fitted)Grey top tint on windscreen. Park Assist. Auto Dimming Mirrors+rain sensor.Sports Seats + Heated Seats. Floor Mats of course..Sport Chrono Package Plus.3 spoke multi-function steering wheel. Instrument surrond in leather.Porsche crests embossed.19 INCH TURBO WHEELS, FORGED, TWO-TONE. I have never seen a non-turbo model with these wheels. I think they look smoking - good move or mistake? OTR - £74,297

Help please.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112379

Jamie...

read the first couple of sentances and got bored...

But the demo cars that the OPCs have had for the 24 hour drive will be up for sale.....

997 C2S

997 C4S tip

997 C4 Cab

and I'm sure they will all have a nice option list...

worth thinking about????

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112381

The one I has didn't have a CD changer or embossed seats....

It did have,

Porsche Vehicle Tracking System. Navigation for PCM + Telephone Module

Park Assist. Auto Dimming Mirrors+rain sensor (not sure about the tint)

Sport Chrono Package Plus ( I think - had PASM - but might be something completly different, I am a girly after all!)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112383

PASM is standard on S models - according to the book.

Now stop it Nicola - I am trying to talk myself out of having one straight away! Later in the year would be fine. Anyways, aren't ex-demos especially of the 24 hour variety the worst as have been spanked by a thousand people, un supervised - doing dognuts in Chavley Central car parks or the like?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112388

interesting position Jamie

I would say avoid those demo cars used in the 24 hours test drive !

The only used one worth considering is one with those power upgrades, X-something ?

and you do need the centre consol painted in the exterior colour

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112389

Sounds like a good spec. If you're planning on keeping the car for a while, no harm getting it new and have it exactly how you want it. Anyway, you might need to keep the KN for LeMans, as our support vehicle! :wink:

BTW, do you need a good guy we know who can arrange some real good finace deal? :p

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112390

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 26 January 2007

interesting position Jamie

I would say avoid those demo cars used in the 24 hours test drive !

The only used one worth considering is one with those power upgrades, X-something ?

and you do need the centre consol painted in the exterior colour

I've had a glance at my price list, there is an option for Rear section of centre console in exterior colour at £333 - is this what you mean?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112392

Atlas Grey a nice colour

WP0ZZZ99Z7S720707_2.jpg

yes, centre consol painted in exterior colour it works very well on the inside, if you have the budget

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112393

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Butzi on 26 January 2007

Sounds like a good spec. If you're planning on keeping the car for a while, no harm getting it new and have it exactly how you want it. Anyway, you might need to keep the KN for LeMans, as our support vehicle! :wink:

BTW, do you need a good guy we know who can arrange some real good finace deal? :p
We'll see on the KN, that might be the seller with the wife to get the passout as she doesn't want rid of the Cayenne - so we keep it until June if I can go to Le Mans!

I've heard that 'Picture Loans' are quite good :(

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112396

if you buy new, have you considered an actual factory collection ? :D

I'll meet you out there and show you the short cut home around the Nurburgring :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112397

Previous poster said:

I'll meet you out there and show you the short cut home around the Nurburgring :wink:
Don't, don't, don't get me started. This thing is spiralling out of control. Yes I did consider the factory collection but didn't want to go it alone. Round the ring in yours or mine?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112401

If you're going for factory collect + Ring, I might just join you guys for a drive down!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112403

Sounds and amazing and Atlas grey is a beautiful colour Jamie!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112405

Oh, get G to work the magic as soon as you get the car to give it a bit of protection!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112407

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by JamieG on 26 January 2007

Previous poster said:

Don't, don't, don't get me started. This thing is spiralling out of control. Yes I did consider the factory collection but didn't want to go it alone. Round the ring in yours or mine?

I always say if you buy new, then it's worth the opp' to do the factory thing, 'we' drive out or meet you there if you fly out and we all drive back

worth a thought at least

and you never know Mick might actually have got his car by then :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112408

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back