Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Just Bought a 996 GT2

Just

First of all high to all of you has this is my first post, Has the topic says i have just bought a 996 GT2 far 56k with a superb registration GT02 BYE i was just wandering how many other people here have one since therer is not much information on the GT2 on this site . This is my fist porsche and i feel i have my hands full with this beast i would appreciate any advice since it scares the hell out of me on a regular basis and just far laughs the rear tyre decide to have a blow out at a silly speed on a motorway

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112344

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Just on 26 January 2007

First of all high to all of you has this is my first post, Has the topic says i have just bought a 996 GT2 far 56k with a superb registration GT02 BYE i was just wandering how many other people here have one since therer is not much information on the GT2 on this site . This is my fist porsche and i feel i have my hands full with this beast i would appreciate any advice since it scares the hell out of me on a regular basis and just far laughs the rear tyre decide to have a blow out at a silly speed on a motorway

bloody hell.........you writing this from St Peter's gates or summat???...............that must have been a very seat dirtying experience at the very least!!!! :twisted:

I take it there wasn't much in the way of damage???...........welcome to the site btw and please get pics up of the beast

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112345

Welcome, that's a brave start to Porsche! Pop down to Oulton on the RS day to say hi, even if you're not tracking the car!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112355

Welcome Just...

As you are local, come and say hello at Oulton or come along to the PCGB meeting at the Deanwater 14th February. We would all love to see your car!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112359

great work Just, how can we help with info

pics please !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112364

Thanks far such a quick and humorouse responses i enjoyed reading the replies and will love to see you guys down at Oulton, do i just turn up ? and what date is it on ?. My first of many questions is the one what is scaring me most but not having a porsche b4 may just be normal does the GT2 go through a bit of oil due to the turbos ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112387

Oulton is on 16th March, if you want to watch/chat or even passenger rides then just turn up, find us and say hi. If you want to drive, you need to book.

Not sure about 996 GT2 but on my aircooled C2 it's normal to use up to 1L oil every 3000 miles.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112395

GT2?

i hate you

but welcome...........

:wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112406

Welcome! No other GT2s about that I know of on the site.

Is the GT02 BYE plate aimed at you when you get into it, or the person you've just overtaken... :wink:

Out of curiosity, if you just bought it, and the rear tyre blew out, what sort of state were they in when you picked it up- any chance of redress from the seller?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112424

Not sure any of us have been brave enough to get a GT2. Good on you - would be great to see you at Oulton.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112471

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 27 January 2007

Not sure any of us have been brave enough to get a GT2. Good on you - would be great to see you at Oulton.
Chris, you coming to Oulton then?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112510

Welcome Just. Quite a rare beast on this forum I believe. I just hope you're not married with kids fella :wink:

Love to see some pics if you've got any.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112513

Thanks alot guys i would love to come down to Oulton far the day and see you guys and Jay T i do have a wife and a three year old daughter :D
but luckily due to the GT2 not having no back seats they never go in the "Damm car" quote from wife, which is a good thing really. I was actually going to buy a 996 tt since that was the car i had wanted since i put a porsche poster up on my wall when i was a nipper but fate had other idears, my cousin who deals in cars said that he had herd of a GT2 far sale, now i had never herd of a GT2 only a GT3 but he said i shud take a look so i went along and fell instantly far the car has soon as i saw the car and he started her up i was blown away and not having back seats which i did really need just went out the window. I have had variouse fast cars from subarus to M3 but this car truely frightens me which brings me to why i think i need to go on a track day to learn how to drive the car to its full potential and learn what u can do and what u caint

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112586

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/gt2(8).JPG

MY first bad pic will send more if u want when i take some more

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112588

I have a 996 GT2, uses very little oil and mine has done 50k miles. Take it easy with the loud pedal in the wet and winding bits and you will enjoy one of the best long distance touring cars Porsche have made.[IMO]

I find that the standard suspension & settings fine for 'normal' road use and keep the tyre pressures as per book. Mich PS2 take a while to warm-up, if you had a blow-out its probably good to fit new rears and carefully inspect the fronts, too.

Had a super day out in mine today with a fast run back up from Falmouth on the A30 in quiet evening traffic, no probs averaging *30mph.

Engine seems to like this new Shell V-power but not BP Ultimate, averages 27mpg on a good mway run.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112590

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back