Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Manthey Mk1's Everywhere!

Dunc

Just having a squint at the old AT and find not one but two Manthey'd Mk1's for sale.

Black one up at £49k and a silver one up at £52k. There's also a modded black mk1CS and a raft of comforts on both AT and PH.

Considering there's only 106 in the country there's over 10% for sale at the moment. Maybe its the arrival of 997GT3 and RS that's caused this mass sell up?!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 111930

prices are still strong :)

4 months ago there was hardly any choice when I bought

Migration info. Legacy thread was 111939

[quote:rzuXwyDr23="Previous poster"]Quote: Originally posted by Dunc on 25 January 2007Just having a squint at the old AT and find not one but two Manthey'd Mk1's for sale.
Black one up at £49k and a silver one up at £52k. There's also a modded black mk1CS and a raft of comforts on both AT and PH.
Considering there's only 106 in the country there's over 10% for sale at the moment. Maybe its the arrival of 997GT3 and RS that's caused this mass sell up?!

[/QUOTE]Er Maths not a strong point eh
2 out of 106 = < 2% Me thinks..... unless you know of 8 others of course

Migration info. Legacy thread was 111953

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Martyn1 on 25 Jan
Er Maths not a strong point eh2 out of 106 = < 2% Me thinks..... unless you know of 8 others of course

[/quote]
There are actually 6 UK rhd mk1s for sale on PH and a further 5 on AT. Expressed as a percentage of the original 106 UK cars that's about 10.4% or over 10% as I suggested.

I was actually making a general statement of how many mk1s were on the market at the moment. The two manthey'd cars were of mention as this is a relatively (i thought anyway) rare aftermarket modification.

Its ok though - no apologies req'd :wink:

My intelligence insulted but my maths are sound for a change!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 111967

I only see 1, not 2?

I know G3 MTR - shame she is a left hooker, as she would otherwise command mid-50s if she were RHD!

There are quite a few more LHD Manthey Mk1s than RHD Mantheys... just more of them converted in Germany where they are more well known. But slowly that reputation is making strong inroads to the UK.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 111970

Hadn't noticed the silver one was lhd - it had been up at a higher asking price until recently. Dunno if you know Russell's (Zanzibar) mk1, IIRC he was offering that for £45k but it was too extreme for me when i was searching!

The second car is the black one with no photos, you have to read through the spec. before you get to the manthey bits. It doesn't mention lhd so i presume its a uk car. Its at £49k.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 111976

Russell's car had nearly 60k miles and I think it was up at 48k originally. His car was fab and a big reason why I decided to get mine Manthey'd. Sold withiin a week or so IIRC.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 111982

Yeah his was the only manthey'd mk1 i'd heard of at the time. I think Glenn's / Sundeep's was about the only mk2 as well.

I thought that a std GT3 was a big enough learning curve for me rather than jumping into a manthey'd one.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 111985

check out
www.marlowcars.co.uk
, black gt3 with manthey spec, looks fab with all the right bits, however are these better standard or tuned, resale-abilty wise or do you never sell them!!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112571

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Russell Hird on 27 January 2007

check out
www.marlowcars.co.uk
, black gt3 with manthey spec, looks fab with all the right bits, however are these better standard or tuned, resale-abilty wise or do you never sell them!!!!
Looks the nuts!

Wish I could have that as my daily driver and the RS for sunny days!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112591

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Dunc on 25 January 2007

Yeah his was the only manthey'd mk1 i'd heard of at the time. I think Glenn's / Sundeep's was about the only mk2 as well.

I thought that a std GT3 was a big enough learning curve for me rather than jumping into a manthey'd one.
oh yea....... forget climbing the ladder, I kind of jump jumped in through a window :eek:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112595

Previous poster said:

check out
www.marlowcars.co.uk
Anyone want to give me £900 a month?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112623

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Russell Hird on 27 January 2007
check out
www.marlowcars.co.uk

Missing the all important Manthey KW suspension!! Deffo a must imho if you have the K4xx power upgrade. I think that car is very keenly priced and a bargain Mk1 considering the upgrades.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112706

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 28 January 2007

Previous poster said:

check out
www.marlowcars.co.uk
Missing the all important Manthey KW suspension!! Deffo a must imho if you have the K4xx power upgrade. I think that car is very keenly priced and a bargain Mk1 considering the upgrades.
OC - how much are the suspension mods from Manthey? If you wanted to upgrade this car.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112742

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back