Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rhino protect

poon

Saw the MD of www.rhinoprotect.com today at Saffron cars, apparantly he does alot of high end cars, Fezza's etc.

He reckons the film has less of an orange peel look and is more resistant to scuffs and tears than the 3m stuff, anyone got any experience??

Migration info. Legacy thread was 111833

but dont they effectively use VentureSheild ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 111876

dunno

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112103

I though they all use the same 3M film??

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112138

they said their's was deffo not 3m, they said theres was much tougher and has lees orange peel effect, looked good

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112145

just looked at their site, they do use Ventureshield.

Ade, they can do the whole car, not sure they have patterns, but they were hand fitting (cutting) to a car that had a custom bodykit.

Paintshield use 3M, these guys use Ventureshield, whats the difference/best?

Not sure if I will bother with the RS, its white so respraying the front end shouldn't cost too much, plus I rather like to feel the paint, Zymoll'd up!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112481

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by poon on 27 January 2007

Ade, they can do the whole car, not sure they have patterns, but they were hand fitting (cutting) to a car that had a custom bodykit.

I wouldn't let anyone near my car with a knife!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112484

You know the rear hips on my car has stone guards. Well they seem not to be large enough as I’ve noticed allot of tiny pin prick chips appear basically on the whole forward facing flare.

So I was thinking about getting it all tidied up then getting some one to put film covering the all of the front flare like below

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/PAINT%20FILM.jpg

Good or bad idea?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112491

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Butzi on 27 January 2007

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by poon on 27 January 2007

Ditto! Deffo a no-no! Paintshield don't use knives. Their film is pre-cut on a computer-controlled cutting plotter.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112494

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Butzi on 27 January 2007
Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by poon on 27 January 2007

not a knife you muppets, they were cutting with scissors before matching up to the panel, this was because it was a customised bodykitted car, I am sure they will have 911 patterns!

you have been looking at the Paintshield site!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112508

I've seen the finish on Sundeep & Ade's car with paintshield, and the result is great! Booked mine to be fitted in a couple of wks by Paintshield, and they'll "custom" fit the RSR spliters bit too.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112515

I just came back from Paintshield today where I was having my front PU re-filmed after some idiot couldn't park properly and decided to "bumper park" with the GT3 :evil:
Glad to report that the Paintshield completely lived up to its claims and although the film was damaged, the paint underneath was completely unmarked :)
. The Paintshield really is a Ronseal job!

As always, the service from them was exemplary, and I really appreciated Anne coming in to sort my car out when she had far more pressing emergencies to contend with (if I had known earlier, I would have rescheduled!). I should also say that Paintshield stood by their warranty and honoured it without any hesitation. Thumbs up from me.

For those interested, here's the computer template of my front PU and a short vid of the cutting plotter that cuts the 3M film on demand. A MUCH better/more precise way of cutting the film - apart from the fact that no knife ever goes near your car!

TOP MARKS for Paintshield from me - a very satisfied customer. :)

P1060605.jpg

P1060609.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 112705

Hi guys I just noticed your thread and felt I needed to provide some clarity as MD of RhinoProtect. I would want any one misled and I very rarely post on forums except where something is being misstated.

We at Rhino use Venture Tape film and we choose it over 3m films as it is twice as strong and has less texture due to coming on a polyester backing paper which is smoother than the paper favored by 3m.

The film comes with a lifetime warranty against cracking peeling and yellowing.

There is a debate about clear coated or non clear coated films that 3m suppliers such as Paintshield. We offer both however the choice of which films depends whether your car is a tool or a toy. There is a trade off that non clear coats are self healing (and Venture tape film remains full gloss despite what others claim)however the clearcoated films maintain gloss theoretically longer and more evenly however the clear coat itself can be damaged requiring replacement. Like all these things its about how you use it and treat it. I personally recommend a combination of the two bonnet and wings in clear coat and bumper standard film.

At Rhino we offer free accident replacement in the event your insurer or that of a third party refuses to pay for your films replacement. Also the warranty provided is a lifetime guarantee.

Lastly contrary to the knives discussion our kits are all templated I have attached a photo of one of our plotters and the template for the 997 Turbo bumper. We have over 4000 motorcycle, car and marine templates on file. Occasionally customers need very bespoke parts I believe the original poster saw a heavily modified Smart Roadster being installed and it had unusually shaped side skirts so the rear arches had to be made by hand but were not cut on the car.

I hope that helps

James Cowham, Managing Director, RhinoProtect

http://www.rhinoprotect.com

porcheturbobumper.jpg

plotter.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 114713

Thanks for clearing that up James - very nice to hear that there are different options. Welcome to the site by the way! :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 114747

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back