Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Stupid question of the day...

Wattie

Zandvoort
Does my pre-facelift 996 have one or two reversing lights????

'cos at the moment it has none, and I don't want to start removing lamp clusters if it's just a fuse or a relay!

:oops:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 110293

oh wattie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 110321

I know... :oops:

But when they are not working, how do you know with clear lenses? LOL

Guess I'm just going to have to get my hands dirty then... Now, what does a screwdriver look like, anyone??? :wink:

I can't believe that 25 years ago I built and maintained my own rally car, yet I don't even possess a trolley jack or a decent set of tools anymore! That's what 15 years of getting a brand new car every 4 months (in the motor trade) does for you...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 110357

as far as I am aware they have 2

Migration info. Legacy thread was 110383

Lets see some pics of this Rally car then Wattie................

Migration info. Legacy thread was 110393

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by admin on 18 January 2007

as far as I am aware they have 2

Hell
... that means it's an electrical fault rather than just a bulb then... Oh well, maybe I'll get lucky and it will just be a fuse...

No digital pics of the rally car I'm afraid...

I started with a SAAB 99 just doing road rallies, then bought a part finished Mk1 Mexico (very cheaply) and did a few stages in it before it fell apart (found out why it was so cheap! :roll: )

I went back to road rallying again after that in a pretty much bog standard SAAB 99 EMS (was a student at the time and couldn't afford to prepare a car for stages).

Great fun, and I beat a lot of people with much more exotic machinery until my navigator lost his bottle after a particularly near miss at very high speed and I never rallied again after that. :(

Migration info. Legacy thread was 110403

996 has 2 of those.

Taking the whole assembly out , is a piece of cake !! One screw , inside the engine bay. And the whole thing comes out. While it , or they are out , clean and wax the lamphole inside , as it is dirty !!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 110430

the reverse light switch should be checked as that fails more often than the bulb .fitted on o/s front of the gearbox

Migration info. Legacy thread was 110613

Thanks Sid,

I suspect that's the problem as neither working and a bit too much of a coincidence for 2 bulbs to fail at the same time!

Is it reasonably accesible?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 110619

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Wattie on 18 January 2007

I started with a SAAB 99 just doing road rallies, then bought a part finished Mk1 Mexico (very cheaply) and did a few stages in it before it fell apart (found out why it was so cheap! :roll: )

be worth a small fortune these days too..............even if it was a rotter

Migration info. Legacy thread was 110623

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cooper9000
Back